Eagles cut Kendricks (officially signs with Cleveland)

49erurtaza

3 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

Sounds more like an agent who is trying to talk him into signing in Cleveland, but a player who doesn't want to go.

Can you blame him? Go from SB Champion to a 0-16 team in a manner of 4 months? Talk about polar opposite of the spectrum. He was probably hoping for Minnesota but the numbers weren't anywhere close to justify the signing. 

Now with that said I do think Cleveland is on the upswing the next few seasons from the Haul. Whether he's there past this year if indeed he signs remains to be seen.

Nice little Defense getting built to be honest.

58 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

Sounds more like an agent who is trying to talk him into signing in Cleveland, but a player who doesn't want to go.

Not out of the question. 

I think it’s a better choice than the Raiders from a defensive standpoint, though. The D’s got some talent.

3 hours ago, Crickett said:

Not sure why Cleveland would be interested in Kendricks.  I would have to assume it would be to replace Christian Kirksey, but I've been seeing Browns fans rave about him for the last two years. 

Edit: Also Kirksey is signed to a four year 38 million dollar deal so...... where is Kendricks playing again?  SAM?  I mean, Joe Schobert just made the pro bowl. 

The Browns have decided that after so many years of trying and failing to build a football team, they're going to aim for something a little more within their reach, and just shoot for making one position group good.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Hell of a backup 

Won't be a backup, he'll be a specific package guy, probably a 3rd down blitz package guy and ST, we didn't court the guy for him to sit, that's why he probably chose us.

Edited by MSURacerDT55

9 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

The Browns have decided that after so many years of trying and failing to build a football team, they're going to aim for something a little more within their reach, and just shoot for making one position group good.

"Dime defense? What's dime defense?" - Hue Jackson using his Brett Favre voice

36 minutes ago, Kparty15 said:

That contract at $3.5M is a steal for the Browns!  I thought he was going to sign for closer to $7M or $8M.

No one signs for that in June. He probably would have come close to that in the beginning of the offseason.