Eagles cut Kendricks (officially signs with Cleveland)

49erurtaza

12 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Crazy, i mean why now? They can afford him another year and want to make another run at a SB

The timing is strange. Why almost a month after the draft and after OTAs have started. Not that Paul Worrilow is anything other than depth but we lost him to an ACL yesterday too. It really just leaves the Eagles LBs very weak in the depth department.

2 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

The timing is strange. Why almost a month after the draft and after OTAs have started. Not that Paul Worrilow is anything other than depth but we lost him to an ACL yesterday too. It really just leaves the Eagles LBs very weak in the depth department.

It's not really "crazy timing" at all. They tried to trade him until they had to put him on the field and risk injury. So once on-field OTA's began and they had no deal, they had to cut him loose because if he tore his ACL yesterday instead of Worrilow then the Eagles were on the hook for that salary.

They aren't really weak in depth considering 1) there are 8-10 guys on the market that can do basically what Worrilow can do and more when roster cut down happens and 2) Eagles play mostly 2 LB's. 

Edited by EaglesPeteC

20 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Eric Kendricks wasn't loved by PFF but he had a pretty good season. He'll be better with Richardson and a healthy Griffen in front of him.

Isn't Mychal Kendricks awesome in SNF and MNF?

NOLA plays alot of prime time games this year...just sayin'. Nudge, nudge Mickey :P

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

It's not really "crazy timing" at all. They tried to trade him until they had to put him on the field and risk injury. So once on-field OTA's began and they had no deal, they had to cut him loose because if he tore his ACL yesterday instead of Worrilow then the Eagles were on the hook for that salary.

They aren't really weak in depth considering 1) there are 8-10 guys on the market that can do basically what Worrilow can do and more when roster cut down happens and 2) Eagles play mostly 2 LB's. 

hindsight? Cant predict the future... but, yeah, I get it. Was Worrilow better the Kendricks though? I'd say no...but I am an armchair coach O.o