Eagles cut Kendricks **8/29 Update; charged w Insider Trading

Scalamania

Just now, Phire said:

My assumption is they've been trying to trade him for a LONG time and couldn't get anything.

Which makes no sense. He was a good to very good linebacker last year. I don't get it.

2 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Don't understand unless we're signing someone soon. If we're not adding to the roster might as well have kept him. I'm sure a shoe is about to drop. 

Yeah the timing says something is coming. Why cut a dude as soon as OTAs start.

Let's not got crazy. He's still a limited LB. For a team that runs two LBs primarily, you can't be a liability in any aspect of the game. And even though he excels in some areas, he gets exposed in coverage. His best talents were wasted here. And his money is best spent elsewhere on the roster. 

9 minutes ago, Phire said:

My assumption is they've been trying to trade him for a LONG time and couldn't get anything.

It's no assumption. It's the truth. It's been highly publicized. Wouldn't have Howie traded him even for a 7th? That kind of says something about other team's interests in him. Unless there's something in his contract that allows us more cap room by releasing him than trading him. 

5 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Don't understand unless we're signing someone soon. If we're not adding to the roster might as well have kept him. I'm sure a shoe is about to drop. 

I mean if you look at the LB position it's not exactly as if we're in bad straights right now. We only field 2 LBers at a time typically regardless.

But lets say we go with 3.

OLB: Nigel Bradham//Nathan Gerry
ILB: Jordan Hicks//Joe Walker
OLB: Corey Nelsen//Kamu Grugier-Hill

I'm honestly ok with this. Don't even have to deal with Najee Goode.

Archived