Eagles cut Kendricks **8/29 Update; charged w Insider Trading

Scalamania

Just now, Kiltman said:

Wonder if we are gonna get a player in a Nick trade..or somethings happening

Don't fully get doing it now

This would have made more sense to me had we waited 9 days until June 1st, so hopefully something is in the works?

Just now, DeJack_10 said:

Obviously to cut cash but questionable move considering we just lost a LB for the season.

Calling it now he goes to Minny with his brother.

Worrilow was probably going to be cut either way.

Just now, Danger said:

I mean if you look at the LB position it's not exactly as if we're in bad straights right now. We only field 2 LBers at a time typically regardless.

But lets say we go with 3.

OLB: Nigel Bradham//Nathan Gerry
ILB: Jordan Hicks//Joe Walker
OLB: Corey Nelsen//Kamu Grugier-Hill

I'm honestly ok with this. Don't even have to deal with Najee Goode.

would need depth at MLB, Walker was a bit of a turd-sandwich..but yea we aren't in a terrible spot.....if you trust Hicks to not Sean Lee a year again

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

This would have made more sense to me had we waited 9 days until June 1st, so hopefully something is in the works?

can't you designate stuff as post June 1st early or something?

At any rate it's just very odd timing

Just now, Kiltman said:

would need depth at MLB, Walker was a bit of a turd-sandwich..but yea we aren't in a terrible spot.....if you trust Hicks to not Sean Lee a year again

Joe Walker was fine. Head and shoulders better than Goode.

Just now, Kiltman said:

can't you designate stuff as post June 1st early or something?

At any rate it's just very odd timing

Don't know if we did that or not yet this off-season. I think each franchise is limited to 1 such designation per off-season.

Just now, Danger said:

I mean if you look at the LB position it's not exactly as if we're in bad straights right now. We only field 2 LBers at a time typically regardless.

But lets say we go with 3.

OLB: Nigel Bradham//Nathan Gerry
ILB: Jordan Hicks//Joe Walker
OLB: Corey Nelsen//Kamu Grugier-Hill

I'm honestly ok with this. Don't even have to deal with Najee Goode.

I'm fine with it, trust me. I've been saying for a while it's only a matter of time. It's just odd that Howie did every other thing he could do to add salary this year when cutting him was such an obvious move. And once we were cap compliant with a filled roster I figured he'd be here for another year. Especially, considering the questionable health of Hicks from season to season. Its just odd timing. I guess you can gather that Howie had made his mind up to move on from him a long time ago and really just waited until it was professionally respectable to release him if he couldn't find a trade partner. But I really think this means he's freeing up cash for whatever reason. BG resigning? Resign Aggy? Add to the roster? 

28 minutes ago, Danger said:

Smfh.

You could have at least got a decent draft pick for him. I don't like this move. I'll trust in Howie, but I do NOT like this one bit.

Apparently you couldn't have.

He was pretty massively overpaid. Teams weren't willing to take on the contract and give up a pick.

Cutting him now does make sense because if he goes down in OTA's then you are on the hook for his contract. They waited as long as they could without having to put him on the field to risk injury

Just now, Remixxxxxxx said:

Reading he was released before Worrilow got injured. Surely they'll have to sign someone cheap if Worrilow is legit hurt. 

Probably released him first thing in the morning. That's just bad luck.

Just now, Remixxxxxxx said:

Reading he was released before Worrilow got injured. Surely they'll have to sign someone cheap if Worrilow is legit hurt. 

Worrilow was never going to make this team, even if he was healthy there's a good chance he still wouldn't have.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Joe Walker was fine. Head and shoulders better than Goode.

Can't disagree there ha...but if Hicks goes down I really would rather a bigger buffer before Walker.

Corey I dont know how he plays so maybe we are fine.

Honestly I'd love for them to add one of these good vet safeties on the cheap. and just do more 3 safety sets

Just now, Danger said:

Worrilow was never going to make this team, even if he was healthy there's a good chance he still wouldn't have.

How can you say that? He's competing against guys like Nate Gerry and it appears that Kendricks was cut before he was hurt. He might have made the roster by default based on the garbage depth we have. 

Just now, Kiltman said:

Can't disagree there ha...but if Hicks goes down I really would rather a bigger buffer before Walker.

Corey I dont know how he plays so maybe we are fine.

Honestly I'd love for them to add one of these good vet safeties on the cheap. and just do more 3 safety sets

Nelsen reminds me of a LB we had 10 years ago. Shawn Barber. Good in pass protection. Not tremendous against the run. Will be brought in when we aren't running Nickel? IDK.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Yea man. He's not some stud but you're under-rating him some. He was signed for depth but he's got starters experience in this league and can rack up tackles. 

Archived