Eagles cut Kendricks **8/29 Update; charged w Insider Trading

Scalamania

15 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Howie will treat him like Backup QB and trade him back to you guys for a 2020 2nd Rd pick. It's coming.

Here is a dramatic reenactment of you guys trying to get rid of me now. 

Cowboys are like a vacuum cleaner because they both suck

Mastercheddaar

• 2 months later...

Federal authorities have charged former Philadelphia Eagles linebacker Mychal Kendricks in an alleged $1.2 million insider trading scheme tied to investments he made from 2013 to 2015, officials said Wednesday.

http://www2.philly.com/philly/news/pennsylvania/philadelphia/mychal-kendirks-charged-eagles-damilare-sonoiki-insider-trading-20180829.html

I hated to see him cut, but boy this is not good news. I wonder how long these investigations are going on. But why on earth has he done that? he earned pretty good, so no point risking prison for some change. 

2 hours ago, furti said:

I hated to see him cut, but boy this is not good news. I wonder how long these investigations are going on. But why on earth has he done that? he earned pretty good, so no point risking prison for some change. 

It’s easy for these guys to get manipulated by savvy businessmen. It’s an age old story of bilking athletes out of their millions. But he’s admitted he knew what he was doing. And he’s been on record saying he wanted to be more than just an athlete with money, he wanted more. And there’s never a cap on wealth. There’s always another tier you look at and aspire to get to. He took a risk and got bit. Time to pay the piper. 

What do you think, what is the probability of him going behind bars? I guess since he is a professional athlete, he will pay a hefty sum to avoid jail time and get a probation + a suspension from the league. Stupid move.

9 hours ago, furti said:

What do you think, what is the probability of him going behind bars? I guess since he is a professional athlete, he will pay a hefty sum to avoid jail time and get a probation + a suspension from the league. Stupid move.

Last I heard he was going to do a year in federal prison at least. 

Archived