Jets trade Christian Hackenberg to the Raiders (update raiders cut Hackenberg)

49erurtaza

32 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Again, no real reason to play him to be honest.  The Jets wanted to see if there was any future in Petty.  They already knew there was none with Hack.

And I agree with you on your analysis of both players, but why did they even bother drafting him then.  Why didn't they just trade the pick

Hackenberg to Cooper is going to be the new Culpepper to Moss, watch out now! I much like everyone else was amazed how stupid the Jets were to draft Hackenberg in the second, but hey at least we got something back... right?

Holy Moe.

When I saw the headline, I was shocked; then, I figured, probably for two firsts and a conditional second-third.

Was I ever surprised!

BUT! As noted above- Chucky is back! Only Jon Gruden saw the true worth of The Hack Man back during the draft:

In that article, Gruden wrote:

"The biggest surprise to me on Hackenberg is that no one is really talking about him in the first round. This was the No. 1 prospect in the nation a few years ago and someone who showed during his freshman year he could produce at a high level in a true NFL-style offense. What he showed during that first year at Penn State—before the coaching change, before the system change, before all the things that derailed him—would be enough for me to take this guy early. This man can run a 4.7-second 40, he is tough as hell and he works relentlessly. He just has to get in the right system with the right people and refocus on the small details."

"Aw, shucks!"

Image result for christian hackenberg

This is a fair trade for the Jets and Raiders. The real losers on this trade are the Oakland Reporters standing on the sideline. He dinged a few in the head during his couple of off seasons in NY. If you are a reporter, keep your head up. His accuracy is a little shaky to say the least. 

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

That awkward moment when Christian Hackenburg is worth a pick but Mychal Kendricks isn't

I don't believe it was about a pick when it came to kendrick it' was more about his contract and teams believe the Eagles was gonna get released away 

20 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Hack never got a fair shot with the Jets trust me. I think Gruden is going to do wonders for the kid. I’ll continue posting about him on the Jets board.

Backup groomed for the future. After Gruden trades Carr and a 1st for Brady and Gronk.

John Gruden on Tom Brady "He woulda kicked your a**"

Please, after watching this video, comment if you can believe this head coach would trade for Tom Brady. Thank you.

belichick-brady.jpg

The only starting quarterback not in voluntary OTA’s right now is Tom Brady. To make matters worse, his little “TB12” protégé, Gronk, is skipping OTA’s too. Reportedly, both guys are within walking distance from the stadium but working out separately from the Patriots.

I’m not one for sports talk radio but I happened to listen to a five minute interview with Greg Bedford today before promptly tuning out. In the aforementioned interview, Bedard was asked what can be expected to fix the toxic situation between Brady and Belichick, (and Gronk). Bedard said Kraft will probably allow Brady’s “TB12” trainer to rejoin the team while also handling a contract extension for Brady with Belichick being made aware of each decision along the way. (Gronk is a whole other issue.)

Disclosure:

I think the Patriots will be competing for another Super Bowl with Brady and Gronk and Belichick in February 2019, but what if Jon Gruden picks up the phone and Derek Carr is offered up on the table.

What do you do? Carr is just seven months older than Jimmy G, and has similar attributes but a bigger résumé.

Jon Gruden brings up Tom Brady anger in Raiders welcome

I’ve seen Jon Gruden joked about on this forum as someone legitimately interested in trading major assets for older NFL players. So wouldn’t this fit right into the ongoing narrative about Gruden clamoring for veterans?

Gruden: Brady is a man on a mission

You could argue Gruden hasn’t gotten over his loss back in 2002 and is obsessed with Brady because of the Tuck Rule. Gaining a motived quarterback like Tom Brady away from the Patriots would be diabolically clever from Gruden’s perspective. Seeking to end the reign of the Patriots with the player at the center of it all in the midst of the franchise moving to Las Vegas two years from now could be all Gruden has in mind.

Jon Gruden (Duh) Regrets Not Drafting Tom Brady In Oakland

“He’s athletic, he’s got good vision, he sees the field well, and he’s accurate. Very good. He’s good at everything.

“He gets the ball out quick, but he can extend plays, good on the deep ball, good on intermediate balls, good on third down, good in the red area, manages the game well, can check and get them out of bad plays. The guy is a really good player. I don’t think there’s any doubt about it,” Belichick surmised.

This is Jimmy G we’re talking about, right? Oh, no? Well who is it then?

Patriots coach Bill Belichick on Raiders QB Derek Carr: 'He's good at everything'

[At his January introductory press conference, Gruden praised Carr.

"He has great arm talent, he’s athletic, he’s got natural leadership skills, he’s young, he’s in his prime, he’s healthy now," he said. "He’s, I think, been in a lot of different systems, played for a number of different quarterbacks (coaches). There hasn’t been a lot of continuity around him that way. I think he has a huge upside. " ]Read more here

grudencarr2.jpg

Sure sounds like his guy, and looks like it too. Check out that Chucky face! Still, some started to wonder aloud just how much of a winner Carr is after signing a five year, $125 million dollar contract last summer.

Former NFL quarterback Chris Simms analyzed the fit of Gruden’s personality with Carr after quoting some people with concerns or beliefs about their relationship over time. Simms refers to Brady early on.

Jon Gruden's coaching style may alienate Carr

Now, it sounds like Carr wants to be coached hard but Jon Gruden may have his mind made up already.

Report: Raiders QB Derek Carr ‘got too comfortable’ with Todd Downing, will be ‘coached hard’ by Jon Gruden and co

Either way, a young, talented quarterback with leadership and accuracy is too good to hypothetically pass up if Brady, Belichick, (and Gronk), can’t get on the same page.

NFL Top 100 Players: Derek Carr Profile

Archived