Jets trade Christian Hackenberg to the Raiders (update raiders cut Hackenberg)

49erurtaza

Do they still have Connor cook as well? I mean cook and hack... That's a scary back up tandem if your object is still to complete passes. Though nothing wrong with taking a chance here, especially at the cost

10 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Yipes, that's for peanuts. Granted, Hack isn't worth anything higher than that...

I was shocked when I saw the Jets were dumb enough to draft him in the 2nd round. Dude had bust written all over him if you watched him play. He either threw it high or in the dirt, even on dump offs. The only time Hack shined was in the 2 minute drill.

Just now, Danger said:

I was shocked when I saw the Jets were dumb enough to draft him in the 2nd round. Dude had bust written all over him if you watched him play. He either threw it high or in the dirt, even on dump offs. The only time Hack shined was in the 2 minute drill.

He had that freshman season where people had him annointed as a top 5 pick - he was compared to Andrew Luck in terms of a can't miss prospect. 

Once Bill O'Brien left Penn State, he just fell off. (Or, once Allen Robinson left Penn State, he just fell off...)

I'm honestly relieved O'Brien didn't try to pull off this trade. If we're really about to go with a Clemson offense, we'll need a QB with some wheels...

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

He had that freshman season where people had him annointed as a top 5 pick - he was compared to Andrew Luck in terms of a can't miss prospect. 

Once Bill O'Brien left Penn State, he just fell off. (Or, once Allen Robinson left Penn State, he just fell off...)

I'm honestly relieved O'Brien didn't try to pull off this trade. If we're really about to go with a Clemson offense, we'll need a QB with some wheels...

Trust me, I'm aware. I watched Hack play in person at least a half dozen times. Even after his freshman season, I was still on the fence of whether or not I felt he was deserving of a (late) first round grade, but come year 2 I knew he shouldn't be more than a day 3 pick.

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

If you guys want a Clemsony offense, go for Bryce Love next year to be your CJ Spiller.

Just now, Danger said:

If you guys want a Clemsony offense, go for Bryce Love next year to be your CJ Spiller.

If Julie'n Davenport turns out to be an above average LT, I'm game. I don't expect Davenport to be above average, but if he was...

11 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Remains unclear how the Jets ever thought this guy was worth taking in the second round

Mac liked him, but rumors surfaced that the Pats were taking him in the 2nd, so he panicked.  The majority of the fans hated the pick. 

Archived