OTAs

49erurtaza

14 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I really hope Warner forces our hand to get him in the lineup. Not that I really want to waste all that money on Malcolm Smith that we gave him, but it's already a sunk cost and I think that there is a capped ceiling. I love him as a back up (regardless of what price point we are already paying him). If not that, then I'm totally fine with just trying to get our top 3 linebackers on the field at the same time. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I really hope Warner forces our hand to get him in the lineup. Not that I really want to waste all that money on Malcolm Smith that we gave him, but it's already a sunk cost and I think that there is a capped ceiling. I love him as a back up (regardless of what price point we are already paying him). If not that, then I'm totally fine with just trying to get our top 3 linebackers on the field at the same time. 

I think Warner could play SAM rather well. He needs to improve his strength so setting the edge he might struggle with at times but there's absolutley no reason he can't beat out Harold for the SAM spot. I'm actually expecting him to...

Sherman is going to be great for the secondary. 

McKinnon being a threat out of the backfield is something we didn't have last season and Shanny wanted to change that in the worst of ways....So dude overpaid for this guy, but it is what it is.

Jimmy G has a top 3 fastest release in the league? 

21 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I think Warner could play SAM rather well. He needs to improve his strength so setting the edge he might struggle with at times but there's absolutley no reason he can't beat out Harold for the SAM spot. I'm actually expecting him to...

He's playing Mike right now

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

He's playing Mike right now

I know but I'm talking about eventually as a starter. Foster is the MIKE for the foreseeable future. Sure Warner could/can play MIKE but I see his future@WILL or SAM, next to Foster.

And he's the MIKE with the 2nd team right now but Toomer is the MIKE with the first team. I still say its Toomer who starts@MIKE when Foster is eventually suspended. Toomer was a underrated signing. Very good back-up who has played in this scheme for years. The quickest way for Warner to see significant minutes as a rookie is through the SAM position, not the MIKE imo.

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

As long as he didn't sacrifice any speed, I'm all for this. His ability to cover ground is one of the reasons I think he stoodout as a starter. Hate to see him lose a step in that department.   

Archived