OTAs

49erurtaza

56 minutes ago, Forge said:

Sounding like Witherspoon has looked very good so far. 

Good, he needs to take a leap from last season for this defense to be respectable. Secondary could be one of our strengths if Sherman is close to form. 

1 hour ago, oldman9er said:
yZ5bTvNH_bigger.jpegMatt MaioccoVerified account @MaioccoNBCS
FollowFollow @MaioccoNBCS
More

Dante Pettis had a strong day today with four receptions during 11-on-11 session, including a 30-yard over-the-shoulder grab of a C.J. Beathard pass against tight coverage from DB Terrell Williams.

3:01 PM - 12 Jun 2018

Pettis so far (no pads) has looked outstanding. Hopefully he can rip up the preseason make it hard to not get him on the field. 

So there is going to be nothing for the next six weeks. Truly the dead part of the year. And have to wait four weeks for the freaking summer league smh. 

Hopefully our guys aren't in the news until training camp as it could only be bad news. Talking to you Reuben! 

Don't see how Robinson makes the team unless there is an injury. Or if he is just that much better than Richie James.

Buckner is elite so this is no surprise. With better luck and some progression to the mean, he should be around 7-9 sacks next season. 

Today was the first practice open to the media that Garoppolo supposedly looked bad in. Bust! 

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

Pettis so far (no pads) has looked outstanding. Hopefully he can rip up the preseason make it hard to not get him on the field. 

Would be nice, but I won't be considering it a fail if he doesn't get much action this rookie year. With Garcon, Goodwin, and Taylor leading the charge.. I'm fine with Pettis developing as he waits his turn. :) 

5 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So there is going to be nothing for the next six weeks. Truly the dead part of the year. And have to wait four weeks for the freaking summer league smh. 

Hopefully our guys aren't in the news until training camp as it could only be bad news. Talking to you Reuben! 

desert.gif

Just baseball now really. Unfortunately I don't have the time to be invested in that. Giants aren't doing so great anyway. 

13 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Don't see how Robinson makes the team unless there is an injury. Or if he is just that much better than Richie James.

Buckner is elite so this is no surprise. With better luck and some progression to the mean, he should be around 7-9 sacks next season. 

Today was the first practice open to the media that Garoppolo supposedly looked bad in. Bust! 

I mean, I suppose it's possible he makes the team if he outplays Bourne and James, but honestly, I see no reason he should be here. He's more expensive and has a smaller upside than both the potential growth those guys offer. I'd much rather see a receiver corps of Garcon / Goodwin / Pettis / Taylor / Bourne / James.

I'm going to throw a shoutout to him since he has almost no chance of making the team, but he's been plugging along for a couple of years now - Aaron Burbridge has supposedly looked okay, making some tough catches over the middle and playing well on special teams as a gunner. 

Archived