OTAs

49erurtaza

2 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

I asked about it this is what he said

Not much useful there, but good to hear he's working on his problem area.  Now ... if only he proves he can be a good runner and/or pass catcher!

4 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

Not much useful there, but good to hear he's working on his problem area.  Now ... if only he proves he can be a good runner and/or pass catcher!

Running backs are really the position that is the hardest to gauge in the offseason unless they're showing up as pass catchers or in pass protection. We'll see where he is at in the preseason. 

The rest of the story: Q&A with 49ers DE Cassius Marsh

Despite his skimpy resume, the 49ers also have confidence in Marsh, whom Shanahan mentioned when asked why the 49ers didn’t select a pass-rusher in the NFL draft. Marsh responded to that vote of confidence by saying, on Instagram, that “it almost brought tears” to his eyes.  I got a lot of positive feedback from Z (defensive line coach Jeff Zgonina). He was up front and honest with me and told me he wanted me back. John was very up front with me; towards the end he told me he wanted me back and he was a big fan of me as a player. My goal is to go and ball out and help this team be one of the best (pass-) rushing teams in the league. Hopefully, I’ll be a Niner forever. I knew where the 49ers were at (in the waiver-claim order). I was aiming. I was shooting. God looked after me, and I was able to come where I felt I belonged. No, I’m not even satisfied to be real with you. My goals have always been to be one of the best rushers in the league and to make my name one of those names that people talk about in the Hall of Fame. 

https://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/The-rest-of-the-story-Q-A-with-49ers-DE-Cassius-12958456.php

show em what you really got now, CM.. anything less than 7 sacks is a disappoint   200w.webp

13 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

The rest of the story: Q&A with 49ers DE Cassius Marsh

show em what you really got now, CM.. anything less than 7 sacks is a disappoint   200w.webp

If he gets 7 or more sacks, I will be a very happy man. He looked good last year. Would love to see it happen. 

I mean, I'd love anyone on the team to get 7 or more sacks, really. Let them all do it. Buckner, Armstead, Thomas, Marsh, Attaochu, Harold, Day, Pita. I'm okay with all of this. 

11 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

If he gets 7 or more sacks, I will be a very happy man. He looked good last year. Would love to see it happen. 

I mean, I'd love anyone on the team to get 7 or more sacks, really. Let them all do it. Buckner, Armstead, Thomas, Marsh, Attaochu, Harold, Day, Pita. I'm okay with all of this. 

I think that if we're going to a pass rush by committee approach, it might be tougher to get double digit sacks from anyone, but what counts is creating pressure consistently. If someone on the outside can become more of a threat, maybe it will just help Buck get the sacks that barely eluded him last year. Imagine that big piece of human being hitting the QB more often. That would lead to turnovers.

On 2018-06-01 at 1:58 PM, Chrissooner49er said:

I would love to see a committee approach work. That would mean not being dependent on having one supreme talent as a premiere pass rusher.

And always have fresh legs. We have Buck, Solly and AA who can rush from the inside, Marsh, Atchoo and Pita who can rotate outside, I guess. Sprinkle in some Ronald Blair (or more than sprinkle). Not any single one of those guys are going to be a stud double digit sack guy, but if they all rotate and go all-out whenever they are on the field, they might amount to something.

1 minute ago, rudyZ said:

And always have fresh legs. We have Buck, Solly and AA who can rush from the inside, Marsh, Atchoo and Pita who can rotate outside, I guess. Sprinkle in some Ronald Blair (or more than sprinkle). Not any single one of those guys are going to be a stud double digit sack guy, but if they all rotate and go all-out whenever they are on the field, they might amount to something.

Dude, don't be sleeping on Sheldon Day

21 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Jimmy G da ?

Seriously, it's ridiculous he was leading a scoring drive on 60% of the drives. Early on we had to settle for way too many FGs. Though that changed the last two weeks of the season. 

Yep, need less fg more TDS, but I think that gets better through variance alone. He does need to be a little more careful too. As we have both mentioned before, he was lucky a few times. Actually had the third or fourth highest adjusted int percentage if you put stock in the stat

So looks like the team will give Warner a shot at MIKE first like Shanny stated after the draft.

Good to hear about Moore ascending. Barrows mentioned that Moore was looking good last practice as well. May end up contributing this season which wasn't really expected when he was drafted. 

Archived