On the Ascension (OTAs)

swede700

Organized Team Activity practices have arrived. 

The Vikings on Tuesday began the first of 10 OTA practice days that will be spaced out over the next three weeks before a mandatory minicamp in June. 

Here are six storylines we will be watching during OTA practices:

6. Offensive line – who’s playing where?

Tasked with projecting the Vikings starting offensive line for 2018, sound football minds could easily disagree at this stage of the equation.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/6-Vikings-Storylines-for-2018-OTA-Practices/50fce809-ca56-4797-b250-e223341978ce

According to Andrew Krammer of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, Anthony Barr is skipping the team’s OTAs. He attended coach Mike Zimmer’s football camp over the weekend, but decided to not attend the voluntary work.

Zimmer:  “He came to me Tuesday and said he wasn’t going to be here. I don’t worry about those things. I just know the conversation we had, I’ll keep between myself and him.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/23/anthony-barr-staying-away-from-vikings-otas/

28 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

According to Andrew Krammer of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, Anthony Barr is skipping the team’s OTAs. He attended coach Mike Zimmer’s football camp over the weekend, but decided to not attend the voluntary work.

Zimmer:  “He came to me Tuesday and said he wasn’t going to be here. I don’t worry about those things. I just know the conversation we had, I’ll keep between myself and him.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/23/anthony-barr-staying-away-from-vikings-otas/

I understand his stance but when guys like Diggs and Hunter are there I have more interest in giving them an extension.

13 hours ago, TENINCH said:

I understand his stance but when guys like Diggs and Hunter are there I have more interest in giving them an extension.

As far as Diggs, he has to be there regardless, since he's learning a new offense.  And Hunter still has work to do to ensure his extension.    Barr is starting for the 5th year in the same defense he has played in since he was drafted. 

6 hours ago, disaacs said:

As far as Diggs, he has to be there regardless, since he's learning a new offense.  And Hunter still has work to do to ensure his extension.    Barr is starting for the 5th year in the same defense he has played in since he was drafted. 

True but I'd rather keep Diggs and Hunter over Barr. Would have kept Barr over Kendricks but the Vikings already made that decision. Barr is already making far more this season than Diggs or Hunter. He should be earning it.

3 hours ago, Klomp said:

Spielman brought up Holton Hill's name unprompted when talking about the competition at CB during Thursday morning's radio spot on KFAN.

I heard tha too. He’s also been in a few of the highlight videos. 

Archived