On the Ascension (OTAs)

swede700

55 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Rookie DBs looking good this time of year will forever remind me of Kyries Hebert. I would rather a kid be looking good without pads than the alternative but the perspective from OTAs can be misleading. 

Hebert is still playing, in the CFL. He had 110 tackles as a LB last year. Turns 38 this year (he was a Vikings UDFA in 2002). 

5 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

Rookie DBs looking good this time of year will forever remind me of Kyries Hebert. I would rather a kid be looking good without pads than the alternative but the perspective from OTAs can be misleading. 

Misleading how? Is anyone saying he's going to be a starter and a great player as a rookie? All that was brought up is that when Spielman was discussing the CB position, Hill's name was brought up without prompting.

1 hour ago, Klomp said:

Misleading how?

Because how guys look in shorts isn't a very accurate representation of how they will look in real games.

1 hour ago, Klomp said:

Is anyone saying he's going to be a starter and a great player as a rookie?

No. Why do you ask me this question? Do you mean to give a reader the impression that I implied someone said that? Are you trying to counter my innocuous comment by offering up a an ad hominem straw man? Why would you do that? 

35 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Why do you ask me this question? Do you mean to give a reader the impression that I implied someone said that? Are you trying to counter my innocuous comment by offering up a an ad hominem straw man? Why would you do that? 

i don't think you have to take his response at anything more than conversational face value, and without any implication of deeper interpretation or misrepresentation of your comment.

Kirk Cousins and Stefon Diggs have found an early connection. The biggest play of the session was a deep play between the quarterback and one of his new wide receivers, as Cousins hit Diggs for a nearly 50-yard pass play. Diggs beat cornerback Horace Richardson on the play and hauled in a tumbling catch inside the 10-yard line. Back at the line of scrimmage, Cousins unleashed a vigorous fist pump.

Cousins also found wide receiver Adam Thielen multiple times through practice, showing quick signs of building rapport with two of his top targets.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/3-Observations-Cousins-to-Diggs-Highlights-Vikings-OTA-Practice/54e844c0-102d-4f91-8c51-daa12a11d590

14 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

Yeah I don't read much into it. I remember reports that Mistral Raymond was going to be like a big time player for us. I think he was called a "leader".

I wish I had that report handy..

Anyways, I don't read much into OTA greatness.

Ben Leber✔@nacholeber

Had a brief viewing of #Vikings OTA today and damn, @stefondiggs looks bigger & stronger with same quickness out of breaks. He already looks ready to go.

Courtney Cronin✔@CourtneyRCronin

More observations:
-Brian Robison took Everson Griffen's (foot) place with the starting DL.
-Rookie tackle Brian O'Neill around 300 pounds. Says he wants to be 305 in a couple months.
-John DeFilippo noted the ball jumps off Cousins' hand quicker than he thought.

Archived