OTA's

raidr4life

17 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

OKIWTIFWIW, but that's weird that the staff went back on that. I thought they said they'd keep him on the left?

I just listened to Tafur's pod cast. They were laughing about this. It was 2 snaps, 2 that he played RT.

Careful what you believe on social media. Things get blow out of proportion quick

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I just listened to Tafur's pod cast. They were laughing about this. It was 2 snaps, 2 that he played RT.

Careful what you believe on social media. Things get blow out of proportion quick

I wish they transcribed those. I loathe podcasts lol. Can never pay attention enough to get anything from them unless I give them my full attention. Which defeats the purpose

13 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I wish they transcribed those. I loathe podcasts lol. Can never pay attention enough to get anything from them unless I give them my full attention. Which defeats the purpose

If you follow Durkin and Tafur on twitter you're not missing anything IMO. Same stuff. 

I listened to one and couldn't do it anymore. I think Tafur used the word "obviously" at least 100 times. Frustrating to listen to IMO

Yeah Tafur definitely should stick to the writer side of this stuff. 

Also lol at national media trying to make a big deal of our new dc saying Mack has got some catching up to do. I mean it is a whole new system. Wtf. 

1 hour ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Same. I try to listen in with them in the background. Never works. So much filler to get to 2-3 main points.

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

Yeah Tafur definitely should stick to the writer side of this stuff. 

Also lol at national media trying to make a big deal of our new dc saying Mack has got some catching up to do. I mean it is a whole new system. Wtf. 

they have nothing else to talk about...lol.. mack is savage and a job simple.. rush the qb, put nightmares in that qb head

16 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

they have nothing else to talk about...lol.. mack is savage and a job simple.. rush the qb, put nightmares in that qb head

Uh... Correct me if I'm won't but Mack has one job.... Chase quarterbacks... 

He does that just fine.  

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Can you please make a list of all that mack does so I can easily read it? Please and thank you.

6 hours ago, Totty said:

Uh... Correct me if I'm won't but Mack has one job.... Chase quarterbacks... 

He does that just fine.  

Mack has one job you want him to do.  Who knows how Guenther wants to use him except Guenther.  Mack will have different assignments based upon the situation and they will try to disguise it as much as possible so that they can minimize the opposing coaches ability to shut him down.  This will not be an Al Davis one on one D where you are expected to beat your man.  Mack needs to learn the scheme since he is already a slow starter.  I do not care who the player is.  You do not want to miss time when there is a coaching change.  Every year there are players that under perform when there is a coaching change.  Mack can dominate using any scheme as long as he knows his assignments.  If he is not on the same page as the team then the D will suffer for it.  This was half of the problem with Nelson.  The other half was that I have seen some within the the ref crew cover more ground on particular plays than him.

And I would argue that Mack's impact and ability against the run is greater than the pass.

Miller on the right and Parker on the left works for me long-term. Penn, Miller, Parker depth at LT works for me.  Just want Miller and Parker to both be decent starters for us. We're set and paid on the interior. Even Osemele can be an emergency LT but usually moving the fewest possible keeps the chemistry intact, hence why Parker as backup LT makes sense. Before the draft I was thinking Jackson back to LG with Osemele at RT and Sharpe playing RG. Strange thing is I keep thinking we'll trade Jackson during the season. So much cap tied up inside and with two Tackles on rookie contracts, I could see a change. Gruden might want to keep the best for the 1st season and then shake things up next off-season with signed vets. Especially if we win a playoff game and the players 'stock' is high.

Mack not being there doesn't worry me as it gets more reps to other guys. Mack is the man and is talented enough to adapt to any system. The refs calling the holds on him worry me more as I've seen him get mugged with no flags...He and Donald seem to be waiting for the other to sign first. LOL

2 hours ago, riceman80 said:

So Mack is gonna start his holdout when minicamp fires up. Reggie better get that ish done

RM might have little he can do if Mack and Donald are waiting on the other.  This has turned into a four way Mexican standoff.

Archived