Jump to content
mse326

The Philadelphia Phillies Thread - Are we good?

Recommended Posts

Just now, ninjapirate said:

Sixto sanchez hit 102 on the gun tonight. Isn't even 19 yet. 

Kid just needs a secondary pitch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, utley4568 said:

Kid just needs a secondary pitch

I saw something a few weeks ago that says depending on how you count pitches he might be throwing 7 or 8 different ones right now. So just need to refine that down to the 3 best lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at MLB.com now top 30 (which is pretty crap but oh well)

 

How can you have Sixto 2 and Moniak one? They play on the same team in the same league and Sixto is clearly the better player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I saw something a few weeks ago that says depending on how you count pitches he might be throwing 7 or 8 different ones right now. So just need to refine that down to the 3 best lol. 

I saw that too. Hopefully he can narrow it down.

17 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Looking at MLB.com now top 30 (which is pretty crap but oh well)

 

How can you have Sixto 2 and Moniak one? They play on the same team in the same league and Sixto is clearly the better player. 

Yeah those rankings are atrocious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah hopefully Sixto works out. The phillies lack of impact prospects over the years has been really sad. Sixto maybe the only one we have currently as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

Yeah hopefully Sixto works out. The phillies lack of impact prospects over the years has been really sad. Sixto maybe the only one we have currently as well. 

I think there are some other young guys who can be impact guys. Namely Ortiz and JoJo Romero. Of course, they're too far away (as is Sixto) to really project anything right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, utley4568 said:

I think there are some other young guys who can be impact guys. Namely Ortiz and JoJo Romero. Of course, they're too far away (as is Sixto) to really project anything right now.

I havent seen reports on JoJo's stuff this year. But when he was drafted his ceiling was a back end starter. has it really improved from that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I havent seen reports on JoJo's stuff this year. But when he was drafted his ceiling was a back end starter. has it really improved from that?

I think so. I think his biggest issue will be staying healthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just found a snippet from Eric Longenhagen back in may saying even though one of his off speed offerings has greatly improved he is still considered a back end guy but much more likely to reach it. Eric is a phillies fan so i would trust him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But hey that's no knock on JoJo we have no good left handers, so even our 4th starter being one is better than not having one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

I just found a snippet from Eric Longenhagen back in may saying even though one of his off speed offerings has greatly improved he is still considered a back end guy but much more likely to reach it. Eric is a phillies fan so i would trust him.

Any chance you can link me to it? I haven't seen Romero pitch much (seems like every time he's on MiLB.tv I miss it) so anything I say about him is really limited info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×