The Philadelphia Phillies Thread

mse326

2 minutes ago, mm6492 said:

Scherzer has been/is currently better, but Nola should be in the conversation for #2 easily. 

Scherzer is also 33 and towards the end of his career. Market the young 25 year old MLB. Although they wont cause mlb sucks at marketing young stars.

39 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Scherzer is also 33 and towards the end of his career. Market the young 25 year old MLB. Although they wont cause mlb sucks at marketing young stars.

I love Nola and see your point. But Max has been the best pitcher and with the game in DC, he should start. 

7 hours ago, flyguy1609 said:

Phils/ O's have talked Britton. no sure how serious or what balt would want

does he have any value? Like if we take on the rest of his salary for the rest of the year a low level flyer is all they can really expect back. 

Edited by ninjapirate

13 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

does he have any value? Like if we take on the rest of his salary for the rest of the year a low level flyer is all they can really expect back. 

That is what I would guess, we take on his contract(think its like 6mil) and like our 30th best prospect or something..  hed be another lefty for our pen.

Chase Utley will hold a press conference Friday afternoon at Dodger Stadium to announce that he's retiring at the end of this season.

The 39-year-old is under contract for 2019, but he's batting only .231/.313/.331 this season for the Dodgers and has seen his playing time dry up. Utley has had a marvelous career that's seen him bat .276/.358/.466 with 259 home runs and 1,025 RBI. He has made six All-Star teams and finished in the top-15 in National League MVP voting five times.

On 7/13/2018 at 8:07 PM, ninjapirate said:

sounds like phillies/orioles talks are heating up. What will the orioles accept a deal surrounding medina and de los santos?

National writers are making it sound like we are moving for Britton from 2 years ago. Nice piece to add to machado but should not cost an arm and a leg IMO. 

Just now, mm6492 said:

National writers are making it sound like we are moving for Britton from 2 years ago. Nice piece to add to machado but should not cost an arm and a leg IMO. 

britton would be a nice piece to add could use a lefty in the pen and I dare I say trust gabe to use him properly. 

• Like 1