The Philadelphia Phillies Thread

mse326

7 minutes ago, Utley said:

Trying to blame Gabe for that loss is laughable. Just plain stupid. Without Gabe we’re below .500.

I dont blame gabe. The team just makes so many stupid mistakes. Like I don't think I'd be terribly upset if every fielder was different next season at this point. jesus. 

8 minutes ago, Utley said:

Trying to blame Gabe for that loss is laughable. Just plain stupid. Without Gabe we’re below .500.

I give him credit for the wins and blame for the losses. He made questionable decisions this game. Not having a pure closer has cost this team multiple wins and its his decision to run the bullpen that way

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

I dont blame gabe. The team just makes so many stupid mistakes. Like I don't think I'd be terribly upset if every fielder was different next season at this point. jesus. 

I think Odubel is fine in center, even with the dumb mistakes. Nick is bad in right, Rhys is bad in left, Franco is bad at third, Kingery is good at SS, Hernandez is above average at 2nd, and Santana is good at first, we just saw the negative tonight of him having a cannon at first. Ramos and Alfaro are both usually very good. Alfaro has especially made strides this year.

Just now, Knowledge said:

I give him credit for the wins and blame for the losses. He made questionable decisions this game. Not having a pure closer has cost this team multiple wins and its his decision to run the bullpen that way

How does not having a pure closer cost a team wins? He brought in his best pitcher to get the outs needed, and Neshek failed. That's Gabe's fault?

2 minutes ago, Utley said:

How does not having a pure closer cost a team wins? He brought in his best pitcher to get the outs needed, and Neshek failed. That's Gabe's fault?

If its his best pitcher why not bring him in to start the 9th? Leaving Hunter out there who has been shaky all year gives you a strong inning and you push the limit. Now you have to bring you best pitcher in already at a disadvantage. Instead of giving him a fresh inning. The league has closers for a reason. Its easy to say the guys should just get guys out but part of being a Manager is putting your guys in the best position to win. Baseball players are creatures of habit. Roles. Consistency. Any other manager would have Neshek as the setup man and Seranthony as the closer 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2018 at 11:05 AM, flyguy1609 said:

should have atleast split the double header against the Nats.

I saw a reporter for the phils(maybe The Athletic) said Santana looks good at 3rd in his limited time there so maybe try him there next yr and bring Hoskins back to 1st.

That could be interesting.

Hope we see JP get everyday at bats the rest of the way. 

20 hours ago, Danger said:

The Phillies aren't a terrible team, but for whatever reason. I really just don't like this team. I genuinely loathe them. They make me angry. They find ways to lose. If I'm being honest, they aren't as good as their record.

oh I hate this team too in the entirety of the rebuild this was far and away the least likeable iteration. 

Ken mentions the phillies could look a lot different next year and honestly I think that's the right approach. Not sure Klentak is the guy to do it though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

oh I hate this team too in the entirety of the rebuild this was far and away the least likeable iteration. 

Ken mentions the phillies could look a lot different next year and honestly I think that's the right approach. Not sure Klentak is the guy to do it though. 

Good those are the exact two players I were hoping they'd say.

We have pieces to make some interesting moves, not sure I trust Klentak to do it at all. 

I don't mind Santana but would hope we would at least explore if anyone would want him. Moving Hoskins to 1st base will really help this team out and get players into better positions defensively.