The Philadelphia Phillies Thread

mse326

11 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

I know we are only worried about spending money on big names and I didnt pay that much attention last year but apperently Luis Garcia is one of the more talked about prospects to go through the GCL in the past decade.

Might be our next megastar prospect.

Didn't we spend a large part of our International pool money on him? I would hope he's at least a good prospect if so.

23 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

I accept. Still need that big bat and the longer it takes to get Machado or Harper the more I think we're going to miss out because other teams will find a way to make it work.

im starting to think were going miss out on many(wouldn't be upset about) and Harper(depending on what he gets I could go either way) Think were going sign Pollock & Michael Moustakas(1 yr deal) and for 2020 Fa class were going go for Nolan Arenado.

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 4:16 PM, flyguy1609 said:

im starting to think were going miss out on many(wouldn't be upset about) and Harper(depending on what he gets I could go either way) Think were going sign Pollock & Michael Moustakas(1 yr deal) and for 2020 Fa class were going go for Nolan Arenado.

I don't accept consolation prizes and a "we'll do better next year" excuse.

Pull a Mariners (Cano deal) and pony up what they're asking for/make an offer they can't refuse because this team won't be competitive until they do. My personal preference is Machado but I'll accept Harper as a plan B.

According to USA Today's Bob Nightengale, the Phillies "have visions" of signing Bryce Harper, Dallas Keuchel, and Craig Kimbrel.

It would be a heck of a late-offseason coup. Phillies higher-ups had a lengthy in-person meeting with Harper on Saturday in his hometown of Las Vegas, and it apparently went so well that the team has shifted its primary focus more toward Harper than Manny Machado. Fancred's Jon Heyman hears that the Philadelphia front office has either already made a formal offer to the 26-year-old outfielder or will make one very soon. Keuchel and Kimbrel should come relatively cheap given the current sad state of MLB free agency, though a package of all three would still likely cost more than $400 million in total guarantees.

On 1/17/2019 at 5:07 PM, Knowledge said:

Why werent the Phils interested in Ottavino? 

Every person the phillies signed seem to offer both durability and consistency. robertson was the reliever that fit that bill.

I'd also say with him in place and the trades we've made our bullpen is already set.

Edited by ninjapirate