The Philadelphia Phillies Thread

mse326

23 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I saw something a few weeks ago that says depending on how you count pitches he might be throwing 7 or 8 different ones right now. So just need to refine that down to the 3 best lol. 

I saw that too. Hopefully he can narrow it down.

17 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Looking at MLB.com now top 30 (which is pretty crap but oh well)

How can you have Sixto 2 and Moniak one? They play on the same team in the same league and Sixto is clearly the better player. 

Yeah those rankings are atrocious.

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

Yeah hopefully Sixto works out. The phillies lack of impact prospects over the years has been really sad. Sixto maybe the only one we have currently as well. 

I think there are some other young guys who can be impact guys. Namely Ortiz and JoJo Romero. Of course, they're too far away (as is Sixto) to really project anything right now.

1 minute ago, utley4568 said:

I think there are some other young guys who can be impact guys. Namely Ortiz and JoJo Romero. Of course, they're too far away (as is Sixto) to really project anything right now.

I havent seen reports on JoJo's stuff this year. But when he was drafted his ceiling was a back end starter. has it really improved from that?

5 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I havent seen reports on JoJo's stuff this year. But when he was drafted his ceiling was a back end starter. has it really improved from that?

I think so. I think his biggest issue will be staying healthy.

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

I just found a snippet from Eric Longenhagen back in may saying even though one of his off speed offerings has greatly improved he is still considered a back end guy but much more likely to reach it. Eric is a phillies fan so i would trust him.

Any chance you can link me to it? I haven't seen Romero pitch much (seems like every time he's on MiLB.tv I miss it) so anything I say about him is really limited info.