The Philadelphia Phillies Thread

mse326

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Didn't get much for Neshek but meh we were never going to get anything for a couple months of a 7th inning guy. 

He was a really good reliever who could be used in high leverage situations. The 7th inning label doesn't mean anything. These trades are more important because they create spots for prospects in the majors.

1 minute ago, utley4568 said:

He was a really good reliever who could be used in high leverage situations. The 7th inning label doesn't mean anything. These trades are more important because they create spots for prospects in the majors.

Well we will get a look at Therrien now. Needed to protect him on the 40 this off season anyway. Might need to DFA Benoit to call up Rios in a few weeks too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

Well we will get a look at Therrien now. Needed to protect him on the 40 this off season anyway. Might need to DFA Benoit to call up Rios in a few weeks too.

I'm excited to see Therrien. Would love to see Ramos back up at some point as well.

Just now, ninjapirate said:

Ya hopefully edubray rights the ship he still has potential to be a good set up man. 

He's got really good stuff. After listening to Klentak, it sounds like Rhys might be up right after the deadline.

Just now, utley4568 said:

He's got really good stuff. After listening to Klentak, it sounds like Rhys might be up right after the deadline.

Whose 40 spot is he going to take? I mean tommy joseph does kind of suck but will they really just get rid of him to make room for rhys?

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Whose 40 spot is he going to take? I mean tommy joseph does kind of suck but will they really just get rid of him to make room for rhys?

Realistically, Appel, Kelly, Blanco, or Stassi could all be removed. Then there's the chance that Kendrick, Joseph, Nava, Rupp, Hellickson or Benoit gets traded.

Realistically, Appel, Kelly, Blanco, or Stassi could all be removed. Then there's the chance that Kendrick, Joseph, Nava, Rupp, Hellickson or Benoit gets traded.

oh right I did forget ty kelly existed but that's probably a good thing lol 

• Like 1

He is now completely unnecessary with the glut of outfielders and Blanco on the infield.

Still I am thinking of Mackanin saying tommy and rhys couldnt co-exist. So maybe rhys might have to wait until September to get his audition. 

As for Mark Appel i kind of hope they move him to the pen and see if he can just focuse on 2 pitches to become something there.

8 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

What a terrible prospect. 

Also he's a solid link to how J.P.s swing has progressed through the season hopefully these changes are more of the permanent type. 

http://philliesminorthoughts.com/the-new-jp-swag-and-other-minor-thoughts-from-lehigh-72417/

I think some of the criticism was warranted, but it was definitely overblown. He has the chance to be even better at the plate than he was before the slump.

I think some of the criticism was warranted, but it was definitely overblown. He has the chance to be even better at the plate than he was before the slump.

Even with the slump he leads his league in walks. Never lost his eye and plate discipline. 

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

Even with the slump he leads his league in walks. Never lost his eye and plate discipline. 

Yep, I believe his OBP was still around .315ish when he was bad. Ya know, higher than that of Freddy Galvis.