The Philadelphia Phillies Thread

mse326

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

Also i think part of the fan backlash to the criticism is the mid season rankings dropped just as it seemed like J.P. was finally coming out of his slump. 

I'm with you on that. In the end, the rankings are more of a guide than anything else. They're generally accurate, but you really can't take them as gospel.

• Like 1

yeah they aren't the end all be all. I don't care how highly any scouting service thinks of him at any random point in a season. I just hope he can be part of the next best phillies team and be a positive contributor. Not like we are going to consider trading him so his value to the world doesn't really matter. 

Assuming the phillies don't spend on any bigger name FAs for position players. Please sign relievers and darvish if you do spend. 

Let's call our starters next year

1B Hoskins

2B Kingery

SS Crawford

3B Franco

C Alfaro/Knapp

LF Williams

CF Herrerra 

RF Altherr

What is the batting order for those guys?

12 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Assuming the phillies don't spend on any bigger name FAs for position players. Please sign relievers and darvish if you do spend. 

Let's call our starters next year

1B Hoskins

2B Kingery

SS Crawford

3B Franco

C Alfaro/Knapp

LF Williams

CF Herrerra 

RF Altherr

What is the batting order for those guys?

I'd go:

Herrera

Kingery

Altherr

Hoskins

Williams

Franco

Crawford

Alfaro/Knapp

30 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Well not too worried phillies have been one of the best in LA even with no budget. 

Agreed. I'm interested in seeing who gets the extra spot on the 25-man with these two moves.

So with Hellickson leaving what's our rotation looking like? Do we bring up Lively or Eflin?

Man I just watched highlights from last night's game... Our stadium looks depressingly empty.

Edited by Danger