The Philadelphia Phillies Thread

mse326

On 12/9/2019 at 6:02 PM, RBreezy said:

Bohm + prospects for Bryant? I'd dig having KB or Rendon in the lineup

I'm not trading for Bryant until I know how the grievance turns out. And I'm not trading Bohm for one year of Bryant. Even two is pushing it.

On 12/11/2019 at 9:07 PM, mse326 said:

I'm not trading for Bryant until I know how the grievance turns out. And I'm not trading Bohm for one year of Bryant. Even two is pushing it.

yeah just roll with scott there until bohm comes up. Then let Scott just be the backup at everywhere that isn't catcher the rest of the year. 

If we trade Bohm or Howard I'd want a pitcher in return. But even then how far away is Howard from not just being the pitcher we need himself?

Edited by ninjapirate

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Domonic Brown told Matt Gelb of The Athletic that he is "ready to call it quits" on his baseball career.

Brown hasn't appeared in a game at the MLB level since way back in 2015, though he did put up strong numbers last year in the Mexican League. The former top prospect is now working with kids at a baseball training facility in the Philadelphia suburbs and says he's content. "Honestly, I’m a better teacher than I am player," Brown told The Athletic. "I know that I was pretty good. But I love to do this. I enjoy that more than putting my body through a beating right now at 32. That’s what it is coming to. I feel great, honestly. It is OK."

https://theathletic.com/1575959/2020/02/05/from-the-majors-to-mexico-domonic-brown-is-now-at-peace-with-his-next-chapter-back-in-philadelphia/