The Philadelphia Phillies Thread

mse326

2 hours ago, Knowledge said:

Nolas first 3 years in the league have reminded me of Coles

You see the talent there just not super consistent yet. Hes been phenomenal the last couple months

He has the most starts in a row giving up 2 runs or less. If he isn't consistent is anyone? 

4 hours ago, flyguy1609 said:

I was listening to the espn podcast the other day with Eric Karabell  and Tristan H. Cockcroft... believe it was Eric saying the phils messed up the draft a few yrs ago drafting Mickey Moniak instead of Nick Senzel.. thoughts agree/dis agree?

Moniak signed for cheaper than Senzel did. Thats part of why he went 1.1. Have to take that into account. Plus he is still so young we don't know what he'll be in 4 years no reason to worry about it now. 

15 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

He has the most starts in a row giving up 2 runs or less. If he isn't consistent is anyone? 

I'm just talking his first 2 years and half of this season...obviously hes been super consistent these last 2 months or so. I think next year he makes the full leap and turns into the ace we need 

30 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Moniak signed for cheaper than Senzel did. Thats part of why he went 1.1. Have to take that into account. Plus he is still so young we don't know what he'll be in 4 years no reason to worry about it now. 

I agree its too early to judge that pick right now but why were the Phils worried about the signing money instead of the best talent? Or did they see Moniak as both? Nick is currently batting .352 in AA while Moniak is struggling in Single A .248. Obviously Nick being 3 years older helps some

1 hour ago, Knowledge said:

I agree its too early to judge that pick right now but why were the Phils worried about the signing money instead of the best talent? Or did they see Moniak as both? Nick is currently batting .352 in AA while Moniak is struggling in Single A .248. Obviously Nick being 3 years older helps some

you have two guys rated similarly why not take the guy who agrees to sign for 100k less? 

1 hour ago, Knowledge said:

Some is an understatement

• Like 1

7 hours ago, utley4568 said:

Some is an understatement

Moniak has the tools to be a good player hopefully he'll turn it around. I mean Tocci went from a young kids with tools to a good player in AA. It happens. 

Although with the recent success of them taking the best college hitter in the draft probably isn't a bad move.