The Philadelphia Phillies Thread

mse326

Just now, ninjapirate said:

it's really weird that freddy passes the eye test but no metrics are in love with him.

I think part of it is that his range isn't as good as it appears. There are some balls that he gets to by making an incredible play, that someone like Andrelton Simmons would make look routine.

6 minutes ago, utley4568 said:

I think part of it is that his range isn't as good as it appears. There are some balls that he gets to by making an incredible play, that someone like Andrelton Simmons would make look routine.

hopefully J.P.s defense is still plus. I dont know how you stop being a good defender randomly in AAA. Maybe scouts were watching him play through an injury. 

Just now, ninjapirate said:

hopefully J.P.s defense is still plus. I dont know how you stop being a good defender randomly in AAA. Maybe scouts were watching him play through an injury. 

I honestly think that's what it is. He seems to have rebounded, because since he started hitting well at the plate, his defense has seemed to pick back up.

It also looks like Jorge Alfaro isn't going back down anytime soon. Hopefully he takes the full-time job. His pitch framing is worlds better than Rupp or Knapp and his home run tonight was absurd.

2 minutes ago, utley4568 said:

I honestly think that's what it is. He seems to have rebounded, because since he started hitting well at the plate, his defense has seemed to pick back up.

It also looks like Jorge Alfaro isn't going back down anytime soon. Hopefully he takes the full-time job. His pitch framing is worlds better than Rupp or Knapp and his home run tonight was absurd.

Also has a cannon for an arm. I actually like him and knapp in a platoon going forward. 

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

Also has a cannon for an arm. I actually like him and knapp in a platoon going forward. 

Yeah his throw tonight was amazing. Galvis lifted his glove because he thought it was going to hit the dirt, but it was thrown so hard that it stayed up and was just a perfect throw. I like the platoon if its Alfaro gets 5 days, Knapp gets 2. Basically give Knapp day games or a pitcher to stick with.

Just now, utley4568 said:

Yeah his throw tonight was amazing. Galvis lifted his glove because he thought it was going to hit the dirt, but it was thrown so hard that it stayed up and was just a perfect throw. I like the platoon if its Alfaro gets 5 days, Knapp gets 2. Basically give Knapp day games or a pitcher to stick with.

yeah not saying knapp should be the starter just saying every 5th game he is a good option that will get on base at least and provide some hitting. 

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

yeah not saying knapp should be the starter just saying every 5th game he is a good option that will get on base at least and provide some hitting. 

I'm with you on that. Next year's opening day lineup seems set outside of third and second. Haven't had that for a while.

1 minute ago, utley4568 said:

I'm with you on that. Next year's opening day lineup seems set outside of third and second. Haven't had that for a while.

Franco is still only 24 and had some bad luck this year I think he gets another shot. Machado the starter the year after. 

9 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Franco is still only 24 and had some bad luck this year I think he gets another shot. Machado the starter the year after. 

Yeah it's most likely his, but I could see a change of scenery trade this offseason for him.

10 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

As for second we have a good problem. 2 good players that could play there. 

Yep, and I imagine Cesar is moved this offseason. 

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

I am still on the pro sign Darvish boat. I really hope that is our big move this year. 

I am too. I wonder how much we'd have to add to get Chris Archer. Also wouldn't hate a Cesar for Longoria swap, although I can't see him leaving Tampa.

Let's say we get Archer for Cesar+ and add Darvish. The lineup and rotation would be:

1. Kingery 2B

2. Herrera CF

3. Altherr LF

4. Hoskins 1B

5. Williams RF

6. Alfaro C

7. Crawford SS

8. Franco 3B

Darvish

Archer

Nola

Eickhoff