The Philadelphia Phillies Thread

mse326

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

The phillies would have to block that if kapler asked right? That would just be a PR nightmare every week. 

I imagine so. I don't think he'd get along well with Kapler based on what is known about both of them.

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

They played together a few years and Curt said he texted him saying he wanted to do it. So they must be friends to some extent. 

Oh god please no. I didn't read that anywhere. I really don't want someone whose baseball philosophy is as archaic as Schilling's on the staff after we made a home run manager hire.

24 minutes ago, utley4568 said:

Oh god please no. I didn't read that anywhere. I really don't want someone whose baseball philosophy is as archaic as Schilling's on the staff after we made a home run manager hire.

I am hoping it doesn't happen. Would like Dusty Wathan to get a job on the staff though.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2017 at 1:59 AM, ninjapirate said:

I would open mouth kiss matt klentak if we were the team that somehow got Otani. 

But I think he goes to the AL so he can DH on days he doesn't pitch. 

Yea that would be a sweet pickup.

Have they announced the rest of the staff yet? (pitching/hitting/bench coaches, etc)

On 11/13/2017 at 3:52 PM, ninjapirate said:

So the angels seem to really want cesar but thought his asking price was too high last year and it's only higher this year.

Their farm is hot garbo so not really sure what they can offer for him. 

I'll take home town kid Mike Trout. I've been by some he isn't that valuable since the Angels never make the playoffs. And the Phillies never do either. So I can only assume that mathematically means that Cesar and Trout are as valuable as each other and it would be a fair trade.