The Philadelphia Phillies Thread

mse326

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 9:12 PM, ninjapirate said:

Anyone else think we wont do anything and suck again next year? 

im beginning to think we only do smaller moves, ie (Hellickson, Morton,)  type of moves and than next yr go big with all the "huge names" out there.. I hope for the draft we don't draft another 5 tool's type OF.

On 12/5/2017 at 7:35 AM, flyguy1609 said:

im beginning to think we only do smaller moves, ie (Hellickson, Morton,)  type of moves and than next yr go big with all the "huge names" out there.. I hope for the draft we don't draft another 5 tool's type OF.

the team is just dragging their feet at this point. Now they are trying to tell us this year will bea  year of just playing prospects. Why didnt you tools do that all year last year?

2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

and if they dont they probably get a top 100 prospect for both relievers if they trade them. 

Surprised we don't see this more. Bad teams sign relievers for decent money and flip them at the deadline. Essentially they are paying say $5-7M for a top 100 prospect which is great value. The reliever gets more than they would if they signed elsewhere AND is still very likely to play on a contending team come September and maybe in October. Seems like a Win-Win.

8 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

and if they dont they probably get a top 100 prospect for both relievers if they trade them. 

Yep. Both deals are great moves. I know you’ve been critical of Klentak, but so far so good this offseason 

I was reading on fanrag(I believe) the O's want Sixto Sanchez and Scott Kingery as the headliners to any Manny Machado deal.  if I remember correctly it was those 2 ceaser/Galvis(1 of them) and a minor player(forget there name) and Manny said he wouldn't give the phils the window period to get an extension worked out. not sure how true that last part is or not

1 hour ago, flyguy1609 said:

I was reading on fanrag(I believe) the O's want Sixto Sanchez and Scott Kingery as the headliners to any Manny Machado deal.  if I remember correctly it was those 2 ceaser/Galvis(1 of them) and a minor player(forget there name) and Manny said he wouldn't give the phils the window period to get an extension worked out. not sure how true that last part is or not

it makes no sense for him to sign an extension with any team. We will have the most money next offseason so just keep our prospects. 

Edited by ninjapirate