The Philadelphia Phillies Thread

mse326

11 minutes ago, mm6492 said:

We are rumored to be in on trading for him. Seems risky and we would have to give up good value, not sure I am a fan of going that route. 

it doesnt make a whole lot of sense. even with him we are still going to suck next year. Use assets on starting pitching. 

Trading for Machado would be an awful idea. We aren't winning next season anyway, Machado doesn't change that. I honestly don't even know why we are wasting time talking to them unless they actually think Boras would let him sign an extension without going to FA

I hope we were just involved either at a low offer or staying around incase they opened a window for an extension. We have a good minor league system but not top end talent where we could go near an offer like this. Sixto should be near untouchable with what we have, we need teh top end pitching.

I really like the Hunter and Neshek deals. We need a strong bullpen to take pressure off a young staff. And both will be tradeable with value if they pitch well and we eat some money if we are far out of it. Hunter intrigues me with the speed he can throw, we have been missing that. 

Also saw this:

The Phillies announced the hiring of Jose Flores the team’s first base coach and baserunning/infield instructor.  This is Flores’ first job on a Major League coaching staff, after spending the last five years as the Cubs’ minor league infield coordinator, and several teams coaching and managing in Puerto Rico, including two years as the manager of Puerto Rico’s national team.

Source

yeah our bullpen should be good especially if Morgan and Garcia pitch like they did down the stretch last year. Hopefully Eickhoff and Vasquez can stay healthy and one or two of our other young guys makes a step forward. Could see Eshelman establishing himself as a solid back of the rotation guy. 

• Like 1