The Philadelphia Phillies Thread

mse326

now that we signed Santana, we should trade for Archer/ Duffy (say its nick Williams Ceaser, Tommy Joseph and something else ) and to a lesser extent Greinke(not sure what hed cost) make that move and sign another Vet sp like Darvish/Arrieta.. then our top 3 sps would be darvish/arrieta(who ever we sign/ then traded player/ Nola. that would be a good 1-3 slot. we built up the bullpen and all the young guys with a 6/2 months under there belt we wont be far off from competing for the 2nd wild card and after the 18 season we could compete for the division in 19.

2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

De Los Santos is actually a reall good get for Freddy like way better than I thought we would get for him.

I don't understand the carlos santana signing rhys has no business being traded or playing the outfield. Klentak is dumb.

I'm waiting to see what they get for the OF they move, but as of now I'm with you. 

At least rhys has all off-season to work in the outfield now instead of being randomly plopped there but still I think this hurts the overall team defense even if santana is probably an upgrade defensively are first.

But cesar, j.p. and Carlos batting 1 2 3 in front of rhys means he will have guys on for his Homers more often than not.

9 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

At least rhys has all off-season to work in the outfield now instead of being randomly plopped there but still I think this hurts the overall team defense even if santana is probably an upgrade defensively are first.

But cesar, j.p. and Carlos batting 1 2 3 in front of rhys means he will have guys on for his Homers more often than not.

I'm with you on all accounts. Wouldn't mind seeing the lineup look like this with a Cesar trade:

Crawford

Santana

Herrera

Hoskins

Altherr

Alfaro

Kingery

Franco

2 hours ago, RBreezy said:

Out of all the OF's we have, which one would you guys trade? Altherr, Nicky Dubs, or Herrera?

I think Herrera holds the most value due to his team-friendly deal. If we could swing one of them in a package for Archer that'd be tight

Williams for me. He's the worst of the three but should have more value than Altherr because of age/health.