The Philadelphia Phillies Thread

mse326

32 minutes ago, utley4568 said:

Sounds like Sixto may be moving up.

Seems kind of weird to move him now only a month left in the season. 

I suppose it looks like neither A ball team will make the postseason so might as well expose him to clearwater.

Edited by ninjapirate

16 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I suppose it looks like neither A ball team will make the postseason so might as well expose him to clearwater.

Your edit is my reasoning on it. Get him acclimated to it so when he starts there next year it's not a brand new environment. I wouldn't hate to see Kilome in Reading soon either.

If Knapp's injury is bad enough, I think we're going to see Alfaro come up. 

Also, Odubel's defense has been tremendous this year. Looks like a different player in center. 

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

Yeah they should expand interleague play more don't see any reason why every team can't play each other every year now that every day at least one AL and Nl team have to play against each other. 

Agreed, outside of playing teams in your division a lot, the rest don't matter as much. Or at least rotate teams in frequently, so things like us only playing the Royals 12 times ever doesn't happen.

6 minutes ago, utley4568 said:

Agreed, outside of playing teams in your division a lot, the rest don't matter as much. Or at least rotate teams in frequently, so things like us only playing the Royals 12 times ever doesn't happen.

just made a quick spreadsheet if you play all AL teams 3 games, All non division NL teams 6 games and all division teams 14 times you get 161 games.

3 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

just made a quick spreadsheet if you play all AL teams 3 games, All non division NL teams 6 games and all division teams 14 times you get 161 games.

Yeah, it's far too rational for it to ever get done tbh.

6 minutes ago, utley4568 said:

Yeah, it's far too rational for it to ever get done tbh.

the extra game to make it to 162 and make home/away even is easily solved with 2 home 2 Away with a close AL team like say baltimore for us. Oh well will never happen even if it makes sense. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Yeah I think they are treating it the way you treat a AAA being a September call up. He isn't learning anything new down there might as well go up and then have an offseason to work on adjustments.