Soccer 17/18

KimuraGod

Thought to would be good for any soccer fans on the Jets forum to come in and discuss with the European leagues all commencing again now.

I am a life long Manchester United fan growing up 20 mins from Old Trafford. Looking forward to this season but still feel the team needs strengthening. 

@Bianconero

2 hours ago, xenajets said:

Not great to be honest. Really think he will kick on this year though. Still think we need a new winger to compete with the best teams. 

Whats your thoughts on Serie A this year? You like your chances again?

He was really bad; I'm surprised that at this point in his career he is still doing things like what he did on that 3 on 2 break

I mean, Milan has an entire new team but I think they'll need time to gel. They don't have Champions League though so I think they'll be able to put full focus on Serie A

Napoli retained all of their talent so they'll also be in the race

At the end of the day, it's Buffon's last season and I can't see him going out without it. Juve will win in a close race IMO.

He needs to be more consistent for sure but he does things which no other player can and looks genuinely unplayable. 

I'm hoping Napoli will do well this year, really exciting team to watch and my family originate from Naples! 

Hoping GiGi has a great year as always, will forever be a hero for 2006!!!! 

I'm stuck. I started watching soccer during the last WorldCup in Brazil . I was rooting for Brazil because I'm currently studying Brazilian Portuguese . I became a Neymar fan and started rooting for Barcelona . Now that he's in Paris, I don't know what to do. I might just pick a new team and not base it on one player this time.

10 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm stuck. I started watching soccer during the last WorldCup in Brazil . I was rooting for Brazil because I'm currently studying Brazilian Portuguese . I became a Neymar fan and started rooting for Barcelona . Now that he's in Paris, I don't know what to do. I might just pick a new team and not base it on one player this time.

Yeah that would probably be for the best. Barcelona would be a great team to support as they are obviously a great team but also Barcelona is a beautiful city so you could be a good excuse for a trip there!!

44 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Yeah that would probably be for the best. Barcelona would be a great team to support as they are obviously a great team but also Barcelona is a beautiful city so you could be a good excuse for a trip there!!

Yeah, I'm thinking about staying but I want to make sure I really love the team just in case things go down hill.So I'm keeping my eyes open. 

Another Man United fan here. I want to believe in Mourinho, I really do. But for some reason, I hesitate to fully support him. I am cautiously optimistic about the season, but I do agree that we need one more big-name winger to fully compete for the treble.

I'm going to miss Wayne Rooney, though. I became a ManU fan while watching him and David Beckham play. I hope Rooney does well with Everton. I will always root for him.

Archived