Chargers Hunter Henry tore ACL

49erurtaza

8 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

it hurts for sure but the offense will be fine. allen, both williams', gordon are more than enough to carry the load.

I think Forrest Lamp will also bring a huge uptick to the O - specifically the run game. Gordon should be a must add if you're drafting outside of the top 5 in a 12 person Fantasy draft.

That's a real shame, he was showing good things for the Chargers and looked like a player to watch. I wish him a speedy recovery and hope that he comes back as the same player he was. Thankfully ACL issues seem to be one of those things players generally can come back from without lasting effect anymore.

3 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Holy hell, at this point you have to wonder if the strength and conditioning staff is doing their job, or if the field/facilities management team is doing their job. This many injuries tells me someone needs to be fired.

They’ve been cycled out. Even fired the team Doctor. It’s just bad luck. Exceptionally bad luck to lose a player like Henry in a non contact drill prior to even real practices starting.

There is no way you replace a player like that. You can only hope to adjust the offense to compensate. I’m sure Gates is a consideration but other then being a great teammate and fan favorite, he doesn’t offer much at this point. 

4 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Holy hell, at this point you have to wonder if the strength and conditioning staff is doing their job, or if the field/facilities management team is doing their job. This many injuries tells me someone needs to be fired.

Wasn't it non-contact, Henry just running a route out in space? 

At a certain point football bodies are becoming too strong, powerful, and explosive for the ligaments to keep up.

Maybe he should try the TB12 method, swap out his squats for some pelvic bowl stretches and whatnot.

1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

Wasn't it non-contact, Henry just running a route out in space? 

At a certain point football bodies are becoming too strong, powerful, and explosive for the ligaments to keep up.

Maybe he should try the TB12 method, swap out his squats for some pelvic bowl stretches and whatnot.

Non contact injuries such as this are usually a misdiagnosed sprain/tear that was never treated correctly or healed correctly (Ryan Tannehill or Deshaun Watson, for example). If it was a healthy ligament that just exploded, it's usually due to some horrible field conditions (Wes Welker and Jadevion Clowney on the atrocious turf pallets that used to be at NRG). I'm also personally of the mindset that these DonJoy braces are too rigid and don't allow for organic strengthening of the muscles surrounding a damaged ligament - but it's anecdotal at best, don't take my word for it. 

I don't disagree with the bigger/stronger/faster theories, but there's usually some sort of catalyst to prompt an otherwise healthy ligament or tendon to give way. If someone is just blowing an ACL without either of the two things mentioned above, you have to start thinking incredibly abusive use of PEDs that led to such a strength to rigidity compromise (I'm talking horse steroids with a side of HGH kinda usage) or freak of nature that doesn't follow the laws of physics and biology (Bo Jackson blowing his hip because he generated enough torque to pop his femur out from his hip bone). 

10 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

This has been said for about a decade. It can't be the same staff/turf etc. can it? 

Archived