Jump to content
Yin-Yang

OTA/Mini Camp Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

Didn’t see one, so I figured I’d make one. 

Edelman’s being brought along slowly, but in the few clips I’ve seen he looks good. He’s running around and making cuts pretty freely. 

Derek Rivers is 100% and has no precautions with his knee. 

Some notables weren’t present/did not participate (Gronk, Hightower, Mitchell, Thuney, Jonathan Jones, Flowers).

Some notables we’re limited participants (Edelman, Trent Brown, Cannon, Wynn, Malcolm Brown, Guy). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Didn’t see one, so I figured I’d make one. 

Edelman’s being brought along slowly, but in the few clips I’ve seen he looks good. He’s running around and making cuts pretty freely. 

Derek Rivers is 100% and has no precautions with his knee. 

Some notables weren’t present/did not participate (Gronk, Hightower, Mitchell, Thuney, Jonathan Jones, Flowers).

Some notables we’re limited participants (Edelman, Trent Brown, Cannon, Wynn, Malcolm Brown, Guy). 

Wynn and Brown limited because of their surgeries. Thuney recently had foot surgery. Hightower, Mitchell, Edelman, Cannon, and Jones all rehabbing from injuries last season but expected to participate in OTA's. Gronk and Brady are well documented no shows for personal reasons.

 

Trey Flowers may have had a surgery at some point, I don't remember. Same with Brown and Lawrence Guy but those three are the ones I'm least familiar with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did Hightower lose weight? I saw a glimpse of him in the photo shoot video and he looked like a big Safety..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

Did Hightower lose weight? I saw a glimpse of him in the photo shoot video and he looked like a big Safety..

Wouldnt surprise me. He was on the shelf for awhile you are bound to lose weight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Hightower purposefully lost weight, its to finally try him in that hybrid role BB has always wanted (maybe Matty P was like... No Bill...). I think it may be just that he is still working on building back up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

If Hightower purposefully lost weight, its to finally try him in that hybrid role BB has always wanted (maybe Matty P was like... No Bill...). I think it may be just that he is still working on building back up.

I wonder too if the weight loss is purposely meant to make Hightower faster but coming out of college I think he was just big and stayed that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From Titans' forum; "I was thinking about Delanie...after reading his self-proclamation that he is the best tight end in the league I realized that its not a stretch to say that he is"

 

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hightower was always a bigger guy anyway. 260+ for a LB that spend plenty of time off the LOS isn’t too common. 

Doesn’t really concern me that he’s slimmed down if it comes out that he lost a few pounds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Re: Hightower's weight loss (it's a fact) - does anyone think this could mean he would be spelled with Ju'wan Bentley? Both are big guys, but Hightower will be able to move more, and is more athletic. James is a genuine thumper in the spikes mould. Kind of cover a lot of holes with them two. Add in a Sam or a KVN, and it's a well rounded corps (average, but well rounded).

Edited by Hunter2_1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Re: Hightower's weight loss (it's a fact) - does anyone think this could mean he would be spelled with Ju'wan Bentley? Both are big guys, but Hightower will be able to move more, and is more athletic. James is a genuine thumper in the spikes mould. Kind of cover a lot of holes with them two. Add in a Sam or a KVN, and it's a well rounded corps (average, but well rounded).

Definitely could see this for those reasons, with Sam backing up everybody and Langi too primarily on special teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×