Martin skips OTAs, signs 6 yr, $84MM, $40MM guaranteed extension

D82

I don't think there is a real story here. It's like when we started the Dez watch thread. It's pointless. The team isn't dumb enough to let Martin walk just like they wouldn't be dumb enough to let Dez go before offering a pay cut.

?

8 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I don't think there is a real story here. It's like when we started the Dez watch thread. It's pointless. The team isn't dumb enough to let Martin walk just like they wouldn't be dumb enough to let Dez go before offering a pay cut.

?

I mean yeah, it probably isn't much of a story...but it's still news worthy. I mean, it's not as though we have much else to talk about right now.

Right now Andrew Norwell is the highest paid guard in the league after signing a 5-yr $66.5MM contract with $30MM in guarantees and a $15MM signing bonus. I'd imagine Martin to get probably a good bit more than that.

15 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

I mean yeah, it probably isn't much of a story...but it's still news worthy. I mean, it's not as though we have much else to talk about right now.

I was being a bit sarcastic. Overall I think Martin signs because I don't feel the team is dumb enough to let him walk, BUT I've said that before. Just recently with Dez, and was absolutely positively shocked in every sense of the word with Dez being cut.

So nothing surprises me anymore with this team/staff. So this IS news. Even though it shouldn't be.

Archived