Martin skips OTAs, signs 6 yr, $84MM, $40MM guaranteed extension

D82

9 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Would you pay Martin, an offensive guard, $70 or 80 Mil?

Yeah. Four yrs, four All-Pro selections, it's an easy decision....but, I also don't want to become that team of a few years ago that spent majority of their money on one side of the ball. 

• 2 weeks later...

we all knew this was going to get done, but now we can move on.  

is there any chance that we go after Earl Thomas?  we have some money, he wants to come here, and our secondary coach keeps "dropping hints" that he wants him.

9 minutes ago, chumpy said:

we all knew this was going to get done, but now we can move on.  

is there any chance that we go after Earl Thomas?  we have some money, he wants to come here, and our secondary coach keeps "dropping hints" that he wants him.

I dunno...had Williams not been there, it was said we would have traded #50 for Thomas. Guess the question is how does the team value their 2019 2nd Round pick?

5 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

I dunno...had Williams not been there, it was said we would have traded #50 for Thomas. Guess the question is how does the team value their 2019 2nd Round pick?

Do you think he will still command a 2nd rd draft pick?  I was thinking his value would dip a lil after the draft and with his potential hold out.

14 minutes ago, chumpy said:

Do you think he will still command a 2nd rd draft pick?  I was thinking his value would dip a lil after the draft and with his potential hold out.

I mean maybe. Could see it drop to a 3rd. Who knows?

If draft picks are at their peak value right before the draft, then future picks are at the lowest value right after the draft. So if they wanted a 2nd during the draft, then the value they seek is closer to a future 1st. Rather than a future 3rd or 4th.

Archived