2019 Draft in Nashville

notthatbluestuff

On 5/23/2018 at 11:34 AM, EliteTexan80 said:

Strolling into Nashville, wearing a Texans Deshaun Watson jersey. Hmm. Wondering how that will play out.

Fans of every team show out at the draft now so you'll just blend in for the most part.

21 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Doubt Bridgestone would be able to host it with the Preds and playoff games conflict. I imagine the whole city will be involved somehow with Broadway at the center of it. Nissan Stadium could throw a draft party and concert. Fully expect multiple concerts and country singers involved especially FGL and Tim McGraw.

21 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:

You're right. I forgot that the Predators are around in the playoffs nowadays. And for some reason watching the draft this year in that giant stadium it completely slipped my mind that just the year before they did it in like a plaza in Chicago.I would hate it if they kept everything right there on Broadway, too damn crowded the way it is. Gonna be a blast regardless. 

19 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Nashville in and of itself is a great city and a ton of fun things to do..but this might very well end up ugly.

Nashville traffic is unbearable as it is. An NFL draft combined with the NHL playoffs(barring the Predators completely collapsing next year, but that shouldn't happen)? Jesus christ. The event planners are really gonna have their work cut out for them.

The draft is going to be staged in the Grand Ole Opry with regular events on Broadway and Nissan Stadium decked out with sports/NFL themes parties. The Opry is about 15 minutes from downtown Nashville so traffic will be a breeze compared to when they host festivities in Los Angeles after the new stadium is complete.

4 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Fans of every team show out at the draft now so you'll just blend in for the most part.

It's more tongue-in-cheek than anything. I've been to Nashville a few times for work, reminds me a lot of Austin (which is a great thing, BTW).

36 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

It's more tongue-in-cheek than anything. I've been to Nashville a few times for work, reminds me a lot of Austin (which is a great thing, BTW).

Okay, I figured you were being cheeky but I just wanted to let you know you'll be safe.

On 5/23/2018 at 10:33 AM, VikeManDan said:

I think this will be a great site. Really considering making the trip back to Nashville. 

Same.  Been trying to make an excuse to get down to Nash Vegas.

Hasn't worked out for a Ravens game in TN yet, but this could be a great opportunity.

On 5/23/2018 at 10:33 AM, VikeManDan said:

I think this will be a great site. Really considering making the trip back to Nashville. 

Same.  Been trying to make an excuse to get down to Nash Vegas.

Hasn't worked out for a Ravens game in TN yet, but this could be a great opportunity.

The Predators host Game 6 on Sunday evening as the country music fest holds its closing concert, headlined by Keith Urban and Brad Paisley. The entertainment district between the two venues will be packed: City officials expect 100,000 people to throng the downtown streets.

170611nmgame6preds0368*750xx6016-3384-0-Broadway-Wide-Shot-1024x683-Medium.jpg

The city of Nashville can handle anything. Over 100,000 people downtown last year for CMA Fest and the Stanley Cup, and things went off great.

With that said, the city is closed. We dont want you here. Go to the draft in 2020, wherever it is.

1 hour ago, devils1854 said:

170611nmgame6preds0368*750xx6016-3384-0-Broadway-Wide-Shot-1024x683-Medium.jpg

The city of Nashville can handle anything. Over 100,000 people downtown last year for CMA Fest and the Stanley Cup, and things went off great.

With that said, the city is closed. We dont want you here. Go to the draft in 2020, wherever it is.

I was told it will not be downtown, but at the Grand Ole Opry.

On 5/23/2018 at 5:01 PM, Calvert28 said:

Oh. The jealousy is almost overwhelming. :D

I used to think that fanbase suffered from "little brother syndrome" having never won a SB, but after winning their first, the obsession with Dallas is even more amplified.xD

On 23/05/2018 at 4:34 PM, EliteTexan80 said:

Strolling into Nashville, wearing a Texans Deshaun Watson jersey. Hmm. Wondering how that will play out.

Let's just hope we don't make any silly movesand ruined the first round!

3 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

That wouldn’t make any sense.... 

Not if they’re wanting to get more people in seats I agree, but the NFL supposedly would like to use the Opry stage for the picks with the Commissioner and use the rest of Nashville to entertain the fans. There so much Nashville can do for the NFL Draft that I think it’s going to be the best one yet for fan experience.

Just texted a buddy, I'm actually thinking of going - would be fun as hell.

I'm also waiting for Houston to get the Draft - we've handled the Super Bowl very well, so I think we'd run a draft very well, too.

4 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

That wouldn’t make any sense.... 

I agree. You are taking away the city if you go to Opryland. I think the best idea would to have it at the Bicentennial Mall. They moved the New Years celebration there. You can set everything up and have it outside, and still be able to have tens of thousands of people there. 

Or I think the Walk of Fame park next to Bridgestone could be an option. Little smaller, but its right downtown without being on Broadway.

34 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

I agree. You are taking away the city if you go to Opryland. I think the best idea would to have it at the Bicentennial Mall. They moved the New Years celebration there. You can set everything up and have it outside, and still be able to have tens of thousands of people there. 

Or I think the Walk of Fame park next to Bridgestone could be an option. Little smaller, but its right downtown without being on Broadway.

Third time now; just going off what I heard from someone connected. I thought the Opryland idea sounded nice but the Opry in and of itself was a bit smaller than what they were going for. Holding it in the Park as you suggested is a great idea. The great thing about Nashville is it has so many venues and places to host events.

Archived