Kelly **update** needs surgery will miss some games

Wyld Stallyns

This could be a concern. Already his expected back up Brian Schwenke is on the PUP list with a foot injury. His replacement, for now, is rookie (and local product) DeShawn Bond. I wonder if we see Mewhort or Haeg move over to Center to get either Vujnovich, Redmond or Good in the line up. 

The good news is the timetable allows Kelly to be back for the season opener. Hopefully by then he'll be snapping the ball to Luck

**update** 

Kelly will undergo foot surgery and will some regular season games. 

with him out and Schwenke on PUP the Colts are missing their two top Cs. This explains why they brought in Jeremy Zuttah, but word is he is returning to Baltimore. 

Rookie UDFA DeShawn Bond is filling in for now. I can expect to see some others possibly moving over once Haeg, Mewhort and Good are back up to speed. Maybe Adam Redmond might take that spot on.

Huge blow. Arguably our best O-Lineman. Hope he comes back soon.

Last thing we need is to put a recovered Andrew Luck behind a patchwork line. 

It's always nice to be reminded what a failure the era of Grigson was. 

On 8/17/2017 at 11:19 AM, stallyns said:

with him out and Schwenke on PUP the Colts are missing their two top Cs. This explains why they brought in Jeremy Zuttah, but word is he is returning to Baltimore. 

Rookie UDFA DeShawn Bond is filling in for now. I can expect to see some others possibly moving over once Haeg, Mewhort and Good are back up to speed. Maybe Adam Redmond might take that spot on.

At this point we have to bring someone else in I assume. Luck is already injured so I think it would be an extremely bad idea to trust more of his health to Bond. Even if it is for only one or two games. Even bringing Harrison back seems like a decent idea at this point. 

On 8/18/2017 at 11:29 PM, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Think with Kelly out, I seriously consider putting Luck on the PUP list and try to get my OL healthy for the stretch run before putting a gimpy Luck back there.

I doubt there are any odds at all that Luck goes on the PUP before the start of the season. If there is a chance he plays the second half of the 6th game....he will be on the roster. 

Archived