OTA Updates

ReggieCamp

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

With that attitude you would probably fit in at places like Banana, Orange, Townsville, Canberra, Dismal Swamp, Bunderberg. Useless Loop or other weird Australian locals. 

I'm gonna go ahead and read a compliment in here.

6 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Sheesh now I wish I didn’t ask. “Native fauna”? I guess it just goes to show you that people can be the worst kind of living being no matter what part of the world you’re from. One of the very large truths in my life is I’ve embraced the diversity of humans across the globe. If the world were full of me’s how boring. It’s such a travesty that this late in history it’s rare people can embrace the uniqueness and subsequent great ideas of different races. 

Australia has a horrendous history in the way they treated the native people ( Aboriginals). Australia is still a very racist country 

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

It puts you on scale from this 

to this 

Image result for typical aussie bloke

So then it WAS a compliment. *blush*

3 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Australia has a horrendous history in the way they treated the native people ( Aboriginals). Australia is still a very racist country 

Yup. Remember this terrible attempt at whiteface?

heath-ledger-joker-the-dark-knight-rises

Yikes.

(still too soon?)

3 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/afl/afl-star-eddie-betts-calls-out-racist-slur-on-instagram/ar-AAyu3hJ

Another incident this week with one of the friendliest, most outgoing players in the AFL.  Again, it is an individual that made these statements, but it is disturbing.  

20 minutes ago, FEARtheELF said:

I just opened this thread and I dont think I have never been more confused as to how the conversation got here in my life...

All I can take from this thread is that....."You look out for your Mates, and your Mates look out for you....":D

33 minutes ago, mistakey said:

doesnt sound like schobert is gonna lose his job- looks like they expect him to get even better

As much as the talk has been about Kendricks.....I kept saying to myself....how does he/other people expect him to step in and take the job of a Pro Bowl LB who was tied for the league lead in TKLS and is solid in coverage......AND you know how we feel about Players who first name is "Joe" who graduate from the university of Wisconsin ;)

1 hour ago, mistakey said:

na it sounds like they're gonna just rotate more, IMO

Yeah there is certainly enough snaps to go around for four capable linebackers even with no injuries occurring. Why they announced Kendricks as a starter baffles me because I think with our LB crew that should have to be earned, we aren't starting scrubs at those positions. Maybe it was helpful in getting him signed, not that it makes sense announcing it  after the signing unless they promised that to him before he signed.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah there is certainly enough snaps to go around for four capable linebackers even with no injuries occurring. Why they announced Kendricks as a starter baffles me because I think with our LB crew that should have to be earned, we aren't starting scrubs at those positions. Maybe it was helpful in getting him signed, not that it makes sense announcing it  after the signing unless they promised that to him before he signed.

"Starter" is a relative term. Kendricks gets the first snap, he's the starter, even if the next guy gets more snaps. NBA teams sometimes hafta do this with good, young bench players who want to be starters even though they are way more effective off the bench. Let them "start", sub them out quickly, and then use them how you like the rest of the game.

Vet bench players usually don't require this because they're comfortable with who they are and know it's a sham. 

Archived