OTA Updates

ReggieCamp

19 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I know that, neither is Kendricks. Im just saying i wouldb't be surprised if he isn't here next year. 

I think we have a bunch of guys on 1 year prove it deals to see if they are a core piece moving forward for the long haul. Guys you mentioned like Mitchell, Carrie, Gaines, Randall, Smith, Fells, Kendricks, Hyde, ect. All of them I believe we can get out of after this year for little or no dead money.

It will be interesting to see who actually sticks around.

9 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I think we have a bunch of guys on 1 year prove it deals to see if they are a core piece moving forward for the long haul. Guys you mentioned like Mitchell, Carrie, Gaines, Randall, Smith, Fells, Kendricks, Hyde, ect. All of them I believe we can get out of after this year for little or no dead money.

It will be interesting to see who actually sticks around.

I believe the only player acquired this offseason trade or through FAs that has long term comfort is pretty much Landry but I believe he could be moved on from After 2 years. I believe just about every other play could be let go after the year with little impact on the salary cap. It’s all about show out and earn the ability to see the 2nd year in your contract or be let go

8 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I believe the only player acquired this offseason trade or through FAs that has long term comfort is pretty much Landry but I believe he could be moved on from After 2 years. I believe just about every other play could be let go after the year with little impact on the salary cap. It’s all about show out and earn the ability to see the 2nd year in your contract or be let go

I hope not, a lot of these guys are building block type of players, not 1 year rentals.  If they let most go next year, it will be similar to 2007 to 2008 as far as results of the team.  Randall absolutely needs to be back.  I have a hunch Carrie will need to be back.  Landry of course.  I love me some Baker Mayfield, but I will be a little nervous until he shows me, because Taylor is going to be very good this year I believe.  Hubbard will need to stay.  Hyde probably needs to stay given Chubb's injury history as insurance and to keep him fresh.

11 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

I hope not, a lot of these guys are building block type of players, not 1 year rentals.  If they let most go next year, it will be similar to 2007 to 2008 as far as results of the team.  Randall absolutely needs to be back.  I have a hunch Carrie will need to be back.  Landry of course.  I love me some Baker Mayfield, but I will be a little nervous until he shows me, because Taylor is going to be very good this year I believe.  Hubbard will need to stay.  Hyde probably needs to stay given Chubb's injury history as insurance and to keep him fresh.

I’m not saying these guys aren’t important but they just have deals that favor the Browns. That if they suck or show to be problems they have no security after one year. If they are great, fantastic they are on good contracts. If they suck, well they will be easy to move on from

4 hours ago, buno67 said:

I’m not saying these guys aren’t important but they just have deals that favor the Browns. That if they suck or show to be problems they have no security after one year. If they are great, fantastic they are on good contracts. If they suck, well they will be easy to move on from

The glass is half full, they are not going to suck. Browns fans have been conditioned to find the dark lining around every silver cloud.

the irony is when things genuinely do suck (our QBs last year, especially Kizer) folks think we just drafted a sure fire hall of famer and the best qb of all time.

On 6/17/2018 at 4:19 AM, DizzyDean said:

The glass is half full, they are not going to suck. Browns fans have been conditioned to find the dark lining around every silver cloud.

the irony is when things genuinely do suck (our QBs last year, especially Kizer) folks think we just drafted a sure fire hall of famer and the best qb of all time.

Well you just have no idea how guys are going to perform for a new team, new system, new coaches, and around new teammates. I’m not condiditoned to them sucking cause I’m a browns fan. I just understand there is more to Being good or being able to perform at a high level than just the player themselves 

On 6/15/2018 at 7:11 PM, Kiwibrown said:

All g.

Yeah, I don't think either will be here next year, I think they are both replaceable (Gaines) or a luxury at this point. 

I could see Randall peaking next year as it is a contract year, and we could get a 3rd round comp pick for him and Tyrod. 

the player I most want to keep is a motivated and healthy JG. 

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but didn't we accept Randall's 5th year option, giving him like 9 million dollars next year?

I could see him leaving after that in a contract year, but we have at least this year and next year.

On 6/15/2018 at 5:15 PM, Kiwibrown said:

We don't keep all of them. If JG has a big year he will get tagged imo. But he will want 100 million dollars. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Randal isn't here after the season the same with Gaines and Carrie and Kendricks. Either way you do add to a heck of a core group of guys. 

If he does then we would give him a 1rst round Tender as a Restricted Free Agent for the 2019 season....if someone gives him a mega deal, then we either match or get a 1rst rounder back. We would then also have the Franchise tag option for the 2020 season.....that is one thing that is good....Josh you have to complete your commitment to the Browns....and with the team standing by him through all this madness for YEARS...it would be hard to see him start complaining over a contract (not impossible)

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2017/12/4/16735148/how-long-do-the-browns-control-the-rights-to-josh-gordon

On 6/15/2018 at 3:27 AM, Kiwibrown said:

For all those writing coleman of as the starting LT.....

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2017/12/4/16735148/how-long-do-the-browns-control-the-rights-to-josh-gordon

I aint mad at the Corbert pick....but if we we had Courtland Sutton across from JG....with Landry in the slot, Njoku at WR, Duke coming out of the backfield and Coleman fighting Callaway for snaps and the Burner role.....that is a bit scary right there IMO.....

Or had Harold Landry as the DPR coming in to work with Ogbah and Garrett, would be pretty interesting too, especially with Ward at CB....

(those are the two picks I wanted at 33)

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Whoops

I will be shocked if we are not a pass heavy team with Baker in 2 years. Carlos Hyde and Nick Chubb can both passblock really well. I think we might still need some help at tackle depending on Coleman.

I think it comes down to how good of a pass catcher the RBs are.  I know we have duke but we need Hyde or Chubb to step up catching it out of the backfield. I think if all the RBs can catch well, this will become a pass heavy offense because than the short stuff to RBs can be utilize to supplement the running attack at times 

24 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

For all those writing coleman of as the starting LT.....

I aint mad at the Corbert pick....but if we we had Courtland Sutton across from JG....with Landry in the slot, Njoku at WR, Duke coming out of the backfield and Coleman fighting Callaway for snaps and the Burner role.....that is a bit scary right there IMO.....

Or had Harold Landry as the DPR coming in to work with Ogbah and Garrett, would be pretty interesting too, especially with Ward at CB....

(those are the two picks I wanted at 33)

If the browns took Sutton they most likely wouldn’t have drafted Callaway. 

Archived