OTA Updates

ReggieCamp

33 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

If he does then we would give him a 1rst round Tender as a Restricted Free Agent for the 2019 season....if someone gives him a mega deal, then we either match or get a 1rst rounder back. We would then also have the Franchise tag option for the 2020 season.....that is one thing that is good....Josh you have to complete your commitment to the Browns....and with the team standing by him through all this madness for YEARS...it would be hard to see him start complaining over a contract (not impossible)

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2017/12/4/16735148/how-long-do-the-browns-control-the-rights-to-josh-gordon

I didn't realize how long we had the rights for JG.

6 minutes ago, buno67 said:

If the browns took Sutton they most likely wouldn’t have drafted Callaway. 

This is possibly true.....they may have missed on him....or they may have never traded that extra 6th to move up (Which could have turned into another player) and with that extra 6th sat put and drafted Equinious St. Brown or Ritchie James.....and sat put in round 4 and grabbed the LT from Oregon....

Let me clarify by saying I like Dorseys Draft and this is no way an indictment on I think he did a bad job....

4 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I didn't realize how long we had the rights for JG.

Absolutely :)

I love J.G.....and I think he is going to recapture the magic......(I got my hopes up again....which may not be prudent.)...but at the same time...we have stuck by him through the thick and thin....probably should have cut him a couple years ago...but since we didnt...and he is looking like he may recapture the magic....at the end of the day Josh....we stuck by you when times were bad........Now my message to him is........

you-going-to-pay-what-you-owe.jpg

We'd like to see a little R.O.I. on our Loyalty....

4 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Absolutely :)

I love J.G.....and I think he is going to recapture the magic......(I got my hopes up again....which may not be prudent.)...but at the same time...we have stuck by him through the thick and thin....probably should have cut him a couple years ago...but since we didnt...and he is looking like he may recapture the magic....at the end of the day Josh....we stuck by you when times were bad........Now my message to him is........

you-going-to-pay-what-you-owe.jpg

We'd like to see a little R.O.I. on our Loyalty....

1st round tender will be a bit  4 million dollars. Good chunk of change, still under market value.  Nice one.

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

1st round tender will be a bit  4 million dollars. Good chunk of change, still under market value.  Nice one.

And after a team sticks up for you after 3 Substance suspensions....NOT 2.....but 3  (2 Marijuana and 1 Alcohol)....I could see him balking at a Franchise tag in 2020...but as far as the 4M-5M (projected) RFA 1rst round tender tag, I don't see him refusing to play for that.....IF he dominates for 2 seasons....he would be 29 heading into the 2020 season and that will be his LAST and ONLY chance at getting the Big Contract....no one wants to try and negotiate their first URFA deal at the age of 30....so I see us with Josh for this season and next...we will either have to sign him or trade him after that season.

The way I see Dorsey doing it, is we will get his best for the next two seasons, and then I think we do exactly what Miami did....Franchise him and trade him for a 1rst to a contender who thinks they are 1 Wr away....somebody like Tenn in a couple years...giving Mariota a true #1 target or shipping him to Indy for a #1 target for Luck...

11 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

And after a team sticks up for you after 3 Substance suspensions....NOT 2.....but 3  (2 Marijuana and 1 Alcohol)....I could see him balking at a Franchise tag in 2020...but as far as the 4M-5M (projected) RFA 1rst round tender tag, I don't see him refusing to play for that.....IF he dominates for 2 seasons....he would be 29 heading into the 2020 season and that will be his LAST and ONLY chance at getting the Big Contract....no one wants to try and negotiate their first URFA deal at the age of 30....so I see us with Josh for this season and next...we will either have to sign him or trade him after that season.

The way I see Dorsey doing it, is we will get his best for the next two seasons, and then I think we do exactly what Miami did....Franchise him and trade him for a 1rst to a contender who thinks they are 1 Wr away....somebody like Tenn in a couple years...giving Mariota a true #1 target or shipping him to Indy for a #1 target for Luck...

Ideally, we will be contenders in a couple of years, so why trade away your best offensive weapon, as a contender, to another team that is a contender in the same conference?

It is amazing how rare the freak wr's are, and how many I'm posters there are. 

Lots of 6'2-3 or even taller guys out there that can run, but can't play. 

There are probably 4 tall fast wrs that can  catch and run routes.

Julio, JG, AJ, and Hopkins 

6 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

It is amazing how rare the freak wr's are, and how many I'm posters there are. 

Lots of 6'2-3 or even taller guys out there that can run, but can't play. 

There are probably 4 tall fast wrs that can  catch and run routes.

Julio, JG, AJ, and Hopkins 

No mike Evans? Robinson? Thomas? Allen?

8 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

Ideally next year we Draft a physical freak at WR in the mid rounds to groom 

Why? If things go to plan browns have Gordon Landry Njoku Callaway and Coleman as the top5 pass catchers. With Gordon and Njoku as the physical freaks. Browns just need to draft play makers. 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

No mike Evans? Robinson? Thomas? Allen?

Keenan Allen isn’t a big guy who can run like the wind. 

Evans I see more as a freakish catching type. He certainly hasn’t had the home run long tds like JG Julio and Aj.

Demaryious Thomas is/was great but wasn’t the freaky wr the other were. 

They are good 

10 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Keenan Allen isn’t a big guy who can run like the wind. 

Evans I see more as a freakish catching type. He certainly hasn’t had the home run long tds like JG Julio and Aj.

Demaryious Thomas is/was great but wasn’t the freaky wr the other were. 

They are good 

By Thomas I meant Mike Thomas 

Evens is as fast as hopkin

Archived