Well shall we put the Ward is too short to handle tall receivers crap to bed?

https://www.cleveland.com/expo/erry-2018/05/d49c1a09e14197/denzel_ward_is_progressing_qui.html#incart_2box

One of the highlights for Ward came on a throw to Josh Gordon in the back corner of the endzone. Ward leapt and broke up the play, a combination of athleticism and physicality against an athletic, physical and big wide receiver.

Oh and thanks for doing the updates @ReggieCamp!

Posted (edited)

pretty cool. Not that one day of training will do anything for them but cool experience none the less. Wish we would had kept master joe kim. 

Edited by sdrawkcab321

14 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

pretty cool. Not that one day of training will do anything for them but cool experience none the less. Wish we would had kept master joe kim. 

He if he said or did something that makes sense it will stick. I wonder who’s idea it was to bring him in. 

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

He if he said or did something that makes sense it will stick. I wonder who’s idea it was to bring him in. 

The hard knocks producers. 

8 hours ago, candyman93 said:

The dude can jump.

Im just worried when he plays very physical WRs.

Yeah I agree this is a legitimate worry. He is slightly slight. 

9 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Im just worried when he plays very physical WRs.

Well if he is ever close enough to be in contact with wide receivers before the catch at least that may mean our defense is playing a little more aggressive?

11 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yeah I agree this is a legitimate worry. He is slightly slight. 

For what it’s worth, he did do 16 reps on the bench, so while he may be slight, the kid obviously puts in his time in the weight room and is stronger than a lot dudes his size.

I realize bench only means so much, but 16 isn’t something most dudes his size would be doing unless they worked at it a bit.

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

For what it’s worth, he did do 16 reps on the bench, so while he may be slight, the kid obviously puts in his time in the weight room and is stronger than a lot dudes his size.

I realize bench only means so much, but 16 isn’t something most dudes his size would be doing unless they worked at it a bit.

16 is big, Austin the LT/LG did 19. 

Denzel certainly doesn't have much mass to work with.

(f=ma) to generate the force to shift a WR off their pattern he will have to rely on his explosion, or just rely on his uber athleticism. Would love to know his SPARQ number, it is probably up there with Ricardo. 

On 5/31/2018 at 4:36 PM, sdrawkcab321 said:

Perhaps Chuck can teach em how to absorb blows using one's face. It's a shame we can retread a tire but not his ugly mug. That smile resembles a bag of hammers.