New policy for the National Anthem

HDsportsfan

Just now, PARROTHEAD said:

Why would I care about what the players were protesting about? They can do all that on their free time.

As an owner of a couple different businesses. Im not going to cast a negative light on them. And wouldnt allow employees to take time Im paying them to work to cast a negative light on my businesses. If they want to go home and protest, theyre more than free too. But not on my time while Im paying them. They best represent the business as best they can cause theyre all replaceable.

You don't have to care. Nobody does, that's kind of the point of the silent protest. Kaepernick wasn't forcing his views to anyone, especially doing it silently and during pre-game.

The bolded is where you're wrong. Technically yes, they are replaceable. But replacing players with a worse product will impact your business negatively. I would've thought a business owner would know that. Or perhaps you simply think all players kneeling can be replaced by better players? Either way, even if the NFL viewed this as something negatively impacting their sales and business, the proposed solution here is not going to lead to an increase in sales and their business. In fact, by doing this, they're almost ensuring that protests will pick up again instead of going away.

12 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

There are businesses that want this protest to go away. I spoke to a BWWs manager and he said the entire chain has been impacted. Sunday is usually their biggest day during NFL season. Business is down 25% across the nation for BWWs on Sunday in particular. People have called in and said they will not be coming to eat and watch until the kneeling stops.

The NFL has been perceived as condoning the behavior, so they needed to remedy that, I guess. Not sure this accomplishes anything... 

That sounds like a made up facebook lie. Nobody is calling in to complain about kneeling to the manager of a BWW.

2 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Can you actually believe that some idiots will believe this drivel?  God it takes about a 10 second google search to come up with a number of reasons BWW is losing business. Grow a mind and go do the research. Sounds like the type of guy who would buy the bridge. 

And, apparently, there are those who cannot hold a debate without slinging insults...whodathunk it?!

2 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

1) So why did players gradually stop protesting as the seasons went along? The NFL wasn't punishing them. The teams weren't punishing them. Fans were already not watching by then, so why did they do it? Perhaps because they felt their message was received by then? No, it couldn't be...that's too simple.

Was received? And yet they kept doing it? It was very much a fad by mid season with players.

2) So you've gone from "I shouldn't be subjected to watching these players kneel during the national anthem!" to....that?

You defended the idea thats all they would do is just kneel and the media coverage would just die off on it's own. You don't actually think a protestor would take further steps to be heard? Who the hell ever heard of a protestor who didn't want to get their point across?

Just now, Chrissooner49er said:

Wow. Really? No, what's worse are those who dismiss any opinion they disagree with just because they disagree.

Its dismissed because its an idiotic assumption. You can easily look up a number of reasons why BWW is failing. It has nothing to do with anthem protests. Your free to have any opinion you want. Frankly tell everyone the earth is flat for all I care just be ready for people to call you an idiot if you do. 

When did having an opinion mean we have to support an opinion as fact?

2 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Wow. Really? No, what's worse are those who dismiss any opinion they disagree with just because they disagree.

25% of BWW sales have decreased on Sunday's in particular? Care to cite a source?

People are calling BWW's saying they're not going to go to a particular restaurant because of the NFL? lol

You could've at least tried harder if you just wanted to blatantly lie like this.

The bolded is where you're wrong. Technically yes, they are replaceable. But replacing players with a worse product will impact your business negatively. I would've thought a business owner would know that. Or perhaps you simply think all players kneeling can be replaced by better players? Either way, even if the NFL viewed this as something negatively impacting their sales and business, the proposed solution here is not going to lead to an increase in sales and their business. In fact, by doing this, they're almost ensuring that protests will pick up again instead of going away.

How is replacing CK with Jimmy G a worse product again? That's by far the silliest thing I have heard yet in this thread.

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

Was received? And yet they kept doing it? It was very much a fad by mid season with players.

You defended the idea thats all they would do is just kneel and the media coverage would just die off on it's own. You don't actually think a protestor would take further steps to be heard? Who the hell ever heard of a protestor who didn't want to get their point across?

Received is subjective. Notice how players would protest for a few weeks > the attention would die down > less players would do it. Then some idiot comes along and calls players a derogative term and BOOM now everyone's protesting again. Then a few weeks later same thing happens and we're back to nobody caring...rinse and repeat. Again, yes, players obviously felt the message was being received because less and less were protesting as the weeks went on.

You said you're being subjected to watch these players kneel, which is a laughable claim at best, especially after saying you just want to watch football.

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

How is replacing CK with Jimmy G a worse product again? That's by far the silliest thing I have heard yet in this thread.

They didn't replace CK with Jimmy G - they replaced him Blaine Gabbert and a rookie who isn't on the team anymore, which kind of makes my point for me so thanks for that.

5 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

That sounds like a made up facebook lie. Nobody is calling in to complain about kneeling to the manager of a BWW.

3 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

25% of BWW sales have decreased on Sunday's in particular? Care to cite a source?

People are calling BWW's saying they're not going to go to a particular restaurant because of the NFL? lol

You could've at least tried harder if you just wanted to blatantly lie like this.

It sounds amazingly stupid but I 100% believe people have done this.

Just now, cddolphin said:

It sounds amazingly stupid but I 100% believe people have done this.

I believe people would call the NFL and say this, I don't believe people call BWW's and say "I'm not coming to your restaurant anymore because the NFL is doing something I don't like". Furthermore, even if people did, there aren't enough people that dumb to where it would be a significant thing.

Archived