New policy for the National Anthem

HDsportsfan

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

This has been an issue since Goodell took over. Just a complete muck up always being 3 steps behind. This is the kind of rule that should have been put through immediately when they first got wind of what was going on with CK.

Disagree, they should have stood up for the rights of their players to be a voice for the millions of voiceless. The NFL should have worked with the players and the police on a campaign to to improve community outreach and training in the communities they play. The NFL could have won the PR battle here instead they pander to a small demographic of loudmouths who don't even understand the reasoning for the protests and have no interest in being educated about it. 

The NFL cannot win this battle because honestly the NFL is on the wrong side here. Putting limits after something has already erupted will always put you on the wrong side of history. 

The only way the NFL could have prevented the uproar would be to use a time machine to quietly put a policy in place (similar to the NBA) long before this issue existed. Sadly they don't own the rights to a flux capacitor so they would be better off leaning into the problem and fixing it from within. 

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

They rationalized themselves into an all or nothing dilemma between the fans and the players, then chose the fans.

Chose a tiny but vocal percentage of the fans is more accurate here. 

I don’t get why the national anthem protests were an issue in the first place. 

Now they’ve opened an even bigger can of worms with quite possibly the most inelegant solution they could have come up with

Just now, Buc Ball said:

I don’t get why the national anthem protests were an issue in the first place. 

Now they’ve opened an even bigger can of worms with quite possibly the most inelegant solution they could have come up with

Because, as we have learned from the DV issues, the concussion issues, the lawsuits the DUI's the Brady stuff etc etc etc.

The league office doesn't know what they are doing.

The NFL should just pledge to Donate $250 for every player who kneels during the anthem. 53*32*16*250 is $6,784,000 This automatically makes it unpatriotic to not kneel and makes anyone who complains about players kneeling a veteran hater. Checkmate.

Please NFL. Fire your entire PR team and hire me for free, I can easily do the job in my part time by myself.

3 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

The best thing the NFL could have done at this point is nothing at all and just continue to not show the anthem on TV. 

They should've done nothing at all and let it go on, let it die out on it's own instead of forcing a policy that gives it new legs.

Just now, youngosu said:

Chose a tiny but vocal percentage of the fans is more accurate here. 

A percentage of the fans, absolutely. A tiny percentage, I would disagree with.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-do-americans-feel-about-the-nfl-protests-it-depends-on-how-you-ask/

These polls are Americans, not NFL fans, but NFL fans are more conservative than the average American, so you should probably be bumping these numbers up a little bit.

14 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Tremendous. They spent a collective 8 seconds thinking this through.

Remember that game you played in 6th grade about who can say "penis" the loudest? Time to bust that back out.

I still play the penis game so it never left!

Just now, youngosu said:

Disagree, they should have stood up for the rights of their players to be a voice for the millions of voiceless. The NFL should have worked with the players and the police on a campaign to to improve community outreach and training in the communities they play. The NFL could have won the PR battle here instead they pander to a small demographic of loudmouths who don't even understand the reasoning for the protests and have no interest in being educated about it. 

No. Because this is exactly the sort of thing people don't want to see when they turn on to watch a football game. The silent majority hates it. The loud mouths are the ones who thinks it's a great idea that the players did it. Even though they are a very small percentage of how the NFL gets it profit. It's a fact people hate it. The majority of people did not want to see any of this happen. They just wanted to watch football. Had you wanted to see it. Then go watch CNN or Fox or some other news station because that's what they are there for. The NFL is here to show us a sport. Not a protest, not a Hollywood spectacle. We get far too much of that with the crappy half time shows now. It just needs to be about football. And that's what they were trying to accomplish with this new rule which will probably fail.

Just now, youngosu said:

The NFL cannot win this battle because honestly the NFL is on the wrong side here. Putting limits after something has already erupted will always put you on the wrong side of history. 

The best side to take when you want to earn money is to honestly take no side. Which is the ultimate goal of NFL Owners. Which means had they always kept neutral as well as keeping the voices to a minimum none of this would even be an issue and it would be business as usual.

2 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Because, as we have learned from the DV issues, the concussion issues, the lawsuits the DUI's the Brady stuff etc etc etc.

The league office doesn't know what they are doing.

Moreso the owners I’d say.

Goodell just seems to be the lightning rod for the criticism.

Archived