Raven Review

DreamKid

33 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

On that first play, sure would be nice if we had a DT who could actually push the pocket back into the QB when he's got a 1v1. Instead, Wormley just plays pattycake and ensures that Ben has a nice step up lane to throw from.

What really annoys me on most of the plays is the fact that when we bring pressure we usually back of and allow the easy completion underneath for 5-10 yards! If we trusted our pass rushers and our scheme we would be pressing receivers, tightends and backs at the LOS and challenge all underneath throws. 

3 minutes ago, Rein said:

What really annoys me on most of the plays is the fact that when we bring pressure we usually back of and allow the easy completion underneath for 5-10 yards! If we trusted our pass rushers and our scheme we would be pressing receivers, tightends and backs at the LOS and challenge all underneath throws. 

We've been doing this since at least 2012. It's basically the entire defensive scheme. Bring pressure + give 10 yards of cushion = offenses with non-idiot QB's just throw quick slants all day.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-players-wed-like-to-see-more-of-in-2019

RB GUS EDWARDSBALTIMORE RAVENS

Gus Edwards made an immediate impact after Alex Collins‘ foot injury in Week 11. After he took over, he earned the 10th-best running grade among qualifying running backs, and he also finished the year with the second-most avoided tackles in that span. His overall grade of 80.8 was very much higher than Collins’ grade of 61.3 and Javorius Allen’s grade of 63.1. His inexperience in the passing game limited his snaps, but the former Rutgers back should have the inside track to be the starter next season in the Ravens’ run-heavy scheme.

Dy6oYlbXcAANVRa.jpg:large

• Like 1

I think we could easily upgrade the position with an explosive playmaker, but I wouldn't be overall unhappy if we went into the season with Edwards, Dixon, Collins and Turner.

Montgomery has an outside chance of still being here, but he offered very little. I still hope we can make Collins a threat as a pass catcher so he can get the ball in space and use his explosiveness.

• 3 weeks later...

That boy Marlon is an animal. Ozzie showed out with that pick thus far. Hopefully, Humphrey can continue to be the beast he currently is. Mark Andrews showing out is remarkable as well. I hope he continues his maturation along with Hurst and we can get that Venom Brady old school TE combo of Gronk and Hernandez.

• Like 1

I am so happy I was so wrong about Humphrey. He managed to learn to turn his head and play the ball much better than he did in college, where he really struggled with that part of the game.

I was scared that he would have tight coverage on most plays and still allow the catch to be made, and I know from experience that turning your head in those situations is more about instinct rather than something which can be taught.

Instead Marlon has developed into one if not the best young cornerback in the league and maybe the best at getting his hands in between the receiver and the ball to disrupt the catch.

If/when Marlon loses some of his speed and agility, I believe we would have an elite free safety prospect in him like a Charles Woodson became. Marlon is my favorite to be the next Raven to receiver a 3rd contract

• Like 1