Battlefield V

Norm

1 minute ago, showtime said:

That's actually a good strategy.  Just sit on your flag and you're bound to get plenty of kills from enemies running into you, instead of you being the one running around aimlessly getting shot in your back or the side constantly. 

One of the big things about this game that people were hyped about months and months ago was that you can build cover, fortifications, etc.  Nobody uses it.  Another thing people were super hyped for is that every class can now revive.... People don't even know about this.  There's countless times I see people run past people they can revive and they have no clue they can do it because they're not playing medic.  People just have it so ingrained that they have to play this game a certain way because of how the past 3-4 titles have been.

I think this beta runs into early next week, so I'm going to try to play more and more over this weekend.

Yeah the fortifications thing is a huge dud, probably because people just don't know how to use it properly yet. But I mean when there's 32 players trying to kill you, how much time do you realistically have to build a friggin trench and fortify it?

And the revive thing is squad-specific. You can't revive ANYONE as any class - only medics can. Squad members can revive each other at will, though.

I just got done playing for an hour or so. I saw one guy building sandbag walls. But other than that nothing. I couldn't figure it out myself, at all.
There's a pop-up after capturing suggesting to build up your defenses, but then no explanation or anything on how to do it. There should be a small tutorial or something for that and the other changes (everyone can revive, etc).

7 hours ago, showtime said:

The recon class in BFBC2 was so good.  I have no clue why they messed with it. 

The game will fizzle out quickly because it's a reskinned Battlefield 1.  The only people who are going to play this for the long haul are hardcore Battlefield heads.

How anyone can call this a reskin is beyond me... This is the most the game has changed in one iteration, well basically ever. 

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, showtime said:

Agreed.  I was playing last night and just thinking to myself... This game is just the same thing every year.  What happened to the building and all that stuff that was hyped months ago?  I haven't seen a single person build anything in this game.  Nothing changes except the maps.  I guess the formula is considered good by the fans of the series, so I can't blame them for sticking with it.  I just want a change of pace with BFBC3.

I'm not trying to say this game is bad, but not living up to the hype.

Nobody knows what to build and where and what's effective yet. That has nothing to do with the game built. They just don't know yet. It will be used in time. It's useful af on Rotterdam

6 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Honestly I feel like the 64 player count thing is part of the problem. It's just way too casual and there's no real strategy that can ever be deployed in this game with that kind of stuff happening. Add in the fact that there's almost no incentive to communicate with your teammates ever.

I feel if they went back down to the maybe 8v8 or 12v12 that used to be BF and brought back actual incentives to communicate or opened the com lines you'd see a huge difference in the way the game is played. And also if they shrunk the overall map size and made the maps a lot more strategic rather than just huge sandboxes that look great.

Yeah 64 players I'm not a fan of. So many people just assume MORE IS BETTER, but it's not. I think it can work, but like 40 player Ops was such much better, but everyone was like nah I need random insane meat grinder 64p

• Like 1

6 hours ago, showtime said:

Interesting you say that.  One of my Overwatch friends played the beta last night and one of the comments they made was, "This game is way too chaotic.  There's no order or team work in this game.  I spawn and then die shortly after from someone I can't even see.  I have no idea where I'm getting shot from 90% of the time I die."

I thought there was a game mode that was smaller that will be in the retail game?

Well of course someone who plays overwatch is going to have trouble seeing in this game. They're not all huge and brightly colored and 5 feet away lol I've played a ton of games without all the easy spotting mechanics though, red orchestra type stuff. So I'm used to it. If that's not your cup of tea, that's absolutely fine, but I don't have any trouble spotting anyone. It's not for everyone, but if you're NOT used to that, of course there's going to be a huge adjustment before you get any good...

When I first started playing Verdun it was bad, like I could go 1-10 easily. After a while I'm hitting misplsced pixels from a trench 200 meters away instintcually. 

3 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I just got done playing for an hour or so. I saw one guy building sandbag walls. But other than that nothing. I couldn't figure it out myself, at all.
There's a pop-up after capturing suggesting to build up your defenses, but then no explanation or anything on how to do it. There should be a small tutorial or something for that and the other changes (everyone can revive, etc).

That might come in the full game, but on your minimap there's these kind of blurry white spots where you can build stuff. I can't find a screenshot and I'm bad at explaining this lol, but it's there.

If you played the alpha map there was one mode where there was paratroopers. Lots of AA guns to shred their planes, building up bags around them stopped you from getting sniped. You had plenty of time to do it at the start of the map as well.

I'm not even a fan of them adding this stuff, but there's no reason to **** on it until people have any idea how to use it. Some people STILL don't know it exists

6 minutes ago, Norm said:

That might come in the full game, but on your minimap there's these kind of blurry white spots where you can build stuff. I can't find a screenshot and I'm bad at explaining this lol, but it's there.

I'll try to look later. The guy I saw was walling himself into the upstairs portion of D on Rotterdam. I don't recall seeing anything to indicate where he was building was a predetermined spot.

25 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I loved that map. I might have to play it tonight...

Haha sorry, there's actually a game called Verdun I played on PC a few hundred hours. One of my all time favorites, but absolutely not for everyone. The only game where I was called a hacker about every other round lol

Man, this is my jam. This is the perfect blend of the more HC shooters I like that are a little TOO hardcore and typical more arcadey BF. No playing off the minimap, no shooting at doritos. Ammo count is still too low IMO. If you're over 2.0 KDR you're just moving to get ammo half the damn time. Getting shot from camping *** ******* sucks, like always. But at least they also can run out of ammo fast and can't sit in one spot forever unless they are support. Speaking of that, the bipod is broken af and makes that first support gun impossible for me to use. You start shooting near anything and THEN your bipod goes down and it does this ****ed up animation and you're dead.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, showtime said:

I tried sniping and I just keep getting "enemy hit".  How is getting shot with a sniper rifle not killing people?  This is pretty much the actual game, too.  Such a shame.

Yeah we talked about this a page back I think. It hasn't been a OHK chest for a while then in bf1 you had those certain ranges it was. I think it should be, but feels like most people lose their **** if you have it, I guess. Not only that, they're pretty weak it seems like as far as minutes damage. I probably won't play as much scout as I did last game I suppose. 

I'm used to fast Ttk though. I actually think this is too slow lol but a lot of people think it's too fast. For a BF game it seems pretty fast though. 

11 hours ago, showtime said:

I tried sniping and I just keep getting "enemy hit".  How is getting shot with a sniper rifle not killing people?  This is pretty much the actual game, too.  Such a shame.

Back in BF2:MC and BC1, so many people complained about snipers that DICE ultimately decided that sniping wasn't fair and made the rifles not kill in one bullet unless it's a head shot.

This is what sniping used to be:

And then on the Xbox 360:

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls