Battlefield V

Norm

I finally figured out building. You can do it with any class by pushing down on the dpad (PS4). However, you can only build in predetermined locations. Even then, what you build is a small wall. I had higher hopes for that and at this point I consider it a fail. I don't want Fortnite, but I was hoping for something more than what they gave us.

On 9/8/2018 at 6:26 PM, kingseanjohn said:

I finally figured out building. You can do it with any class by pushing down on the dpad (PS4). However, you can only build in predetermined locations. Even then, what you build is a small wall. I had higher hopes for that and at this point I consider it a fail. I don't want Fortnite, but I was hoping for something more than what they gave us.

I've found the best way to build is to block off entrances for foot soldiers. You can fortify hallway doors/exits, and common entrances to places and force people to use different routes or blow them up.

Other than that, it's useless.

33 minutes ago, showtime said:

This game has gotten really mixed reviews after the beta.  Honestly, I think this beta hurt the game more than it helped it.

It just wasn't anything really new or exciting. The building was lackluster. The squad leader specials or whatever they're called were bland and unknown. They need a tutorial or something to go over all of the new features that describes them in detail. It felt like BF1 with new maps to me. But the new maps weren't as good as the old ones.

22 hours ago, showtime said:

This game has gotten really mixed reviews after the beta.  Honestly, I think this beta hurt the game more than it helped it.

22 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

It just wasn't anything really new or exciting. The building was lackluster. The squad leader specials or whatever they're called were bland and unknown. They need a tutorial or something to go over all of the new features that describes them in detail. It felt like BF1 with new maps to me. But the new maps weren't as good as the old ones.

I think ksj really nailed it here. It felt like typical Battlefield, which as of the past two iterations hasn't really been anything that people are really excited about. You're throwing 64 players into a meat grinder with no communication, no team play, no strategy or anything and expecting that people will want to play that for hours on end.

Hell, I didn't even know I could upgrade my weapons until there was like 2 days left of the Beta. That's how poorly laid out the game is. Why would anyone think weapon upgrades would be under the "My Company" tab and not "Armory"? Stuff like that makes no sense.

I'm interested to see how this game sells after the beta, because overall my perception is that the reception of this game hasn't been overly positive.

7 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I think ksj really nailed it here. It felt like typical Battlefield, which as of the past two iterations hasn't really been anything that people are really excited about. You're throwing 64 players into a meat grinder with no communication, no team play, no strategy or anything and expecting that people will want to play that for hours on end.

Hell, I didn't even know I could upgrade my weapons until there was like 2 days left of the Beta. That's how poorly laid out the game is. Why would anyone think weapon upgrades would be under the "My Company" tab and not "Armory"? Stuff like that makes no sense.

I'm interested to see how this game sells after the beta, because overall my perception is that the reception of this game hasn't been overly positive.

@kingseanjohn

I feel the same way.  Honestly, I'm not a hardcore Battlefield player, so this game feels pretty similar to Battlefield 1 to me.  I think that one of the mistakes they made was making a WWI game and then making a WWII game right after that.  Probably would have been smarter to throw in a BFBC:3 or some other type of Battlefield game in-between those two. 

It's hard to blame them, though.  Battlefield 1 was pretty highly regarded, so they went with the formula they thought would be the most successful.  Probably was a mistake, though.

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

@kingseanjohn

I feel the same way.  Honestly, I'm not a hardcore Battlefield player, so this game feels pretty similar to Battlefield 1 to me.  I think that one of the mistakes they made was making a WWI game and then making a WWII game right after that.  Probably would have been smarter to throw in a BFBC:3 or some other type of Battlefield game in-between those two. 

It's hard to blame them, though.  Battlefield 1 was pretty highly regarded, so they went with the formula they thought would be the most successful.  Probably was a mistake, though.

In the back of my mind I hope this game really bombs so that they have to truly re-evaluate their approach to the BF franchise. Of course, knowing the gaming industry, that re-evaluation will result in battle royale and loot boxes.

7 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

In the back of my mind I hope this game really bombs so that they have to truly re-evaluate their approach to the BF franchise. Of course, knowing the gaming industry, that re-evaluation will result in battle royale and loot boxes.

Oh yea, I keep forgetting there is a Battle Royale mode in BFV.

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Norm said:

lol March

IDC about BR but still, lol

I still think it'll be a solid BF experience for myself.

It's just insane.  How is a big element of your game not going to be ready until March.... And the game already got pushed back a month.  This is just a nightmare for DICE.  This game is going down the tubes and will end up like Battlefront 2 - a game that will lose support after a short time.

It sucks because I really wanted this game to be good.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

It's just insane.  How is a big element of your game not going to be ready until March.... And the game already got pushed back a month.  This is just a nightmare for DICE.  This game is going down the tubes and will end up like Battlefront 2 - a game that will lose support after a short time.

It sucks because I really wanted this game to be good.

I don't have the fear it'll end up like SWBF2 honestly. But the roadmap put out is really slow going it looks like, less content and longer until each comes out. 

As long as it sells, it should be okay. To me, that just depends on the core gameplay as much as anything else. but I was hoping BR mode would help it sell and now it's just going to be something they add way later on that isn't going to help the live service.

16 minutes ago, Norm said:

lol March

IDC about BR but still, lol

I still think it'll be a solid BF experience for myself.

Doesnt make much difference to be either, not really interested in battle royal myself. However waiting until March for the Battle Royal game mode is just dumb. It’s whats hot now and could help your sales after a PR disaster. Not surprising though, they do love releasing “new” game modes throughout their game cycle.

33 minutes ago, Neumatic said:

Doesnt make much difference to be either, not really interested in battle royal myself. However waiting until March for the Battle Royal game mode is just dumb. It’s whats hot now and could help your sales after a PR disaster. Not surprising though, they do love releasing “new” game modes throughout their game cycle.

Dammed if you so, dammed if you don't. If you don't delay it you rush a ****ty product, if you delay it everyone gets mad. March is freaking extreme though

Archived