Battlefield V

Norm

51 minutes ago, showtime said:

Yea, but they directly impact a game's support by the developers.  If the game has disappointing sales numbers, it has future implications.  We've seen this with several games over the past few years - one of them being Star Wars Battlefront 2.

Again, I wasn't talking about the future. Poor sales will hurt the live service

1 hour ago, showtime said:

Yea, but they directly impact a game's support by the developers.  If the game has disappointing sales numbers, it has future implications.  We've seen this with several games over the past few years - one of them being Star Wars Battlefront 2.

Oh yeah that's absolutely right, but even Battlefront 2 at launch was just a mediocre game. The only saving grace to that game was HvV.

However, I can say after playing this game for a couple hours this morning that I'm just not impressed with anything. It's just a giant meat grinder with no real unique qualities. Maybe I'll like it more as I play a little more, but I don't know. Battlefield games always look amazing and this one is no exception, but I'm just not into big meat grinder games where it's just mindless sprinting around the map in big groups.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Oh yeah that's absolutely right, but even Battlefront 2 at launch was just a mediocre game. The only saving grace to that game was HvV.

However, I can say after playing this game for a couple hours this morning that I'm just not impressed with anything. It's just a giant meat grinder with no real unique qualities. Maybe I'll like it more as I play a little more, but I don't know. Battlefield games always look amazing and this one is no exception, but I'm just not into big meat grinder games where it's just mindless sprinting around the map in big groups.

I am surprised it feels like a meat grinder, but everyone's definitely running around every direction with no point, that happens on release. You don't know where anything is. The way it's designed is going to force slow down with time, I'd bet on that. Though I get what you mean.

Edit, I actually think I made a very similar comment to this when the beta opened now that I think about it

Double edit: I agree with the running in big groups instead of actual strategy. That's always going to plague these sized and style of games I suppose. Probably why I liked rush back when it was good the most 

45 minutes ago, Norm said:

I am surprised it feels like a meat grinder, but everyone's definitely running around every direction with no point, that happens on release. You don't know where anything is. The way it's designed is going to force slow down with time, I'd bet on that. Though I get what you mean.

Edit, I actually think I made a very similar comment to this when the beta opened now that I think about it

Double edit: I agree with the running in big groups instead of actual strategy. That's always going to plague these sized and style of games I suppose. Probably why I liked rush back when it was good the most 

I heard the lack of spotting is a huge plus.  You can flank and if one guy sees you the entire other team doesn't come rushing at you.  You agree?

1 hour ago, Norm said:

Generally speaking though maps have a flow to them and Battlefield just doesn't have that. These maps are just open areas of carnage, and it's just not my cup of tea. Couple that with them bringing back scope glare being channeled through the power of 10 suns and I'm just not going to bother with this game for long I think. 

There's a lot to like about this game, and I truly feel like if Conquest was like 24 players or something and each class and weapon was more unique and offered a lot more than they currently do, this game could be great. As it stands, it's just a brainless, mindless shooter where the skill gap between a noob and someone who knows what they're doing isn't going to be very high.

I just played a Conquest match.  This game is just a huge 64 player cluster F with vehicles.  The way I play this game is to completely ignore my team or anything else and just play the class I want to play and do whatever I want.  That's how everyone else plays this game.  This game has no teamwork.  It's just a huge team deathmatch with some objectives around the map that 85% of the players don't give a damn about.

47 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

I heard the lack of spotting is a huge plus.  You can flank and if one guy sees you the entire other team doesn't come rushing at you.  You agree?

Indeed. More stuff even beyond that, but I'm too lazy to go on about it right now lol

5 minutes ago, showtime said:

I just played a Conquest match.  This game is just a huge 64 player cluster F with vehicles.  The way I play this game is to completely ignore my team or anything else and just play the class I want to play and do whatever I want.  That's how everyone else plays this game.  This game has no teamwork.  It's just a huge team deathmatch with some objectives around the map that 85% of the players don't give a damn about.

It's two days old guys lol nobody knows how to play anything right away

5 hours ago, showtime said:

I've only been play Operations but I've had a pretty mixed bag. Some games I have a great squad who sticks together and follows orders and plays smartly and other times its just people doing everything on their own. I think it's just a symptom of a lot of players coming over from COD.

My two biggest complaints is that some of the maps seem super titled towards defense. The one North Africa operation is the worst, the last two objectives can only be reached by running across an open stretch of road that the other team can crossfire into, it's an absolute massacre.

The other complaint is smaller but it's the red cross hair indicator when you're shooting at someone. I'm not sure what triggers it and maybe it's just because I'm playing red dead too much but every time it happens I stop firing because I think I kill the guy and next thing I know the guy turns around and mows me down. 

I agree with your other comment that it is pretty similar to Battlefield one. I like the squad leader tactics that you can use (like V2, tank, etc) and that is an interesting game addition but other than that it feels a bit cut and paste. 

10 hours ago, showtime said:

This game is pretty similar to Battlefield 1. 

Sure. I guess. If you say so. Never has so much changed in one iteration in battlefield title that I can recall, it's all about who made their mind to it sucked and who didn't imo

Kinda beside the point though, without map knowledge and feeling for the new mechanics, everyone's kinda wild when a new game comes out.

Archived