Battlefield V

Norm

On 11/10/2018 at 1:18 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Oh yeah that's absolutely right, but even Battlefront 2 at launch was just a mediocre game. The only saving grace to that game was HvV.

However, I can say after playing this game for a couple hours this morning that I'm just not impressed with anything. It's just a giant meat grinder with no real unique qualities. Maybe I'll like it more as I play a little more, but I don't know. Battlefield games always look amazing and this one is no exception, but I'm just not into big meat grinder games where it's just mindless sprinting around the map in big groups.

The more I play, the more your point is relatable. Especially in the infantry focused modes. 

This is such a love/hate game right now. One round I want to uninstall, the next I'm like wow this is great lol

2 hours ago, Norm said:

The more I play, the more your point is relatable. Especially in the infantry focused modes. 

This is such a love/hate game right now. One round I want to uninstall, the next I'm like wow this is great lol

The worst map I've experienced this is the Operation in Holland with the bridge that you can only attack from head on. It's the definition of meat grinder and hugely frustrating. At least let us flank.

I'd say operations as a whole have taken a step back. I just dont find then as interesting or as well done. BF1 seemed to have a lot more epic moments trying to capture points and I'm not a fan of them forcing other game modes into Operations.

I've still enjoyed the trial though. 

1 hour ago, LeeEvans said:

The worst map I've experienced this is the Operation in Holland with the bridge that you can only attack from head on. It's the definition of meat grinder and hugely frustrating. At least let us flank.

I'd say operations as a whole have taken a step back. I just dont find then as interesting or as well done. BF1 seemed to have a lot more epic moments trying to capture points and I'm not a fan of them forcing other game modes into Operations.

I've still enjoyed the trial though. 

Agreed on ops. I get what they were trying to do with it I guess. Just doesn't seem to be as fun to me. I liked the idea of it this way until I played it a bunch. 

And yeah I'm enjoying it but there are obviously things I don't like and things I needed adjust to as well.

6 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

Finally got to play last night, really enjoyed the few matches I played.  I primarily sniped which felt really nice.  

When I just feel like relaxing I love to play TDM, it's a shame there isn't a dedicated playlist for TDM in this game.  

I think I read that all comes on official release

1 minute ago, flyers0909 said:

Excellent, they have TDM but it's part of a playlist that includes a couple other game modes, one of which is complete trash. 

My understanding is that playlist was force more testing on those other modes, essentially

18 hours ago, Knowledge said:

This game is pretty damn amazing 

It's "barebones" and the UI is annoying but everything else is quite damn good. It's too bad the marketing started as such a **** show so that the live service will probably be underwhelming

54 minutes ago, Norm said:

It's "barebones" and the UI is annoying but everything else is quite damn good. It's too bad the marketing started as such a **** show so that the live service will probably be underwhelming

I didn't follow the game much leading up to the launch so I'm not aware of the feedback it received

As far as gameplay, graphics, sound, maps, immersion. I'm loving it. Needed a new shooting game and it fills the void. Passed on COD cause I'm over the mechanics. Excited for Firestorm. Still a ways out though  

Archived