Battlefield V

Norm

9 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Level up guns? What did I miss

Yeah, during the panel yesterday when they were talking about the guns in the game one of the lead devs kept going on about how if you were a support class you can really make the character your own and choose your gun, "level it up", etc. etc.

I'll try to find the clip from the panel yesterday to pinpoint exactly what he said, but it sounded pretty clear to me that you can level up your gun and add perks to it (like lower recoil, etc.)

Here's the video, with the timestamp for where they start talking about customization.

"You take that machine gun...and you level up that machine gun"

19 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

I hope so. I hope it's not leveling up your gun to make it better, or leveling it up to unlock things that make you play better in-game.

I'm with you there. God that would suck. I wouldn't mind if they do a system where every positive also creates a negative affect but even that is incredibly difficult to balance correctly. 

26 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

I hope so. I hope it's not leveling up your gun to make it better, or leveling it up to unlock things that make you play better in-game.

Well this has already existed, more or less. I don't recall all the numbers but it's like 20 kills then you can pick optics, 50 and you can do a barrel attachment, 100 and you can add grips. That's been in most of them lately other than bf1. 3 and 4 and Hardline for sure. Bc2 to some degree but my memory is fuzzy.

If it's like 90 killed until you can add anything you want to your gun but there's nothing else that adds to it, that isn't a huge deal to me. Doesn't take that long to bring the gun in line. They're going to have attachments, that's a no doubter and it's unlikely you can add whatever you want when you first unlock. Maybe that's the leveling. I'll watch the video at lunch though, haven't heard what they said yet.

11 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

I'm with you there. God that would suck. I wouldn't mind if they do a system where every positive also creates a negative affect but even that is incredibly difficult to balance correctly. 

They've done some of that in the past, like heavy barrel or suppressors. Compensators too I think, my memory is terrible. But there was some offset for attachments at times

1 minute ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Well this has already existed, more or less. I don't recall all the numbers but it's like 20 kills then you can pick optics, 50 and you can do a barrel attachment, 100 and you can add grips. That's been in most of them lately other than bf1. 3 and 4 and Hardline for sure. Bc2 to some degree but my memory is fuzzy.

If it's like 90 killed until you can add anything you want to your gun but there's nothing else that adds to it, that isn't a huge deal to me. Doesn't take that long to bring the gun in line. They're going to have attachments, that's a no doubter and it's unlikely you can add whatever you want when you first unlock. Maybe that's the leveling. I'll watch the video at lunch though, haven't heard what they said yet.

I don't recall it being in BC2, but yeah it was a long time ago so I'm fuzzy on that as well.

Maybe more will be explained at launch, and perhaps it is just add attachments and scopes and grips and such. I'd be fine with that since that's what it's been more or less that past several iterations of Battlefield.

6 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

I don't recall it being in BC2, but yeah it was a long time ago so I'm fuzzy on that as well.

Maybe more will be explained at launch, and perhaps it is just add attachments and scopes and grips and such. I'd be fine with that since that's what it's been more or less that past several iterations of Battlefield.

The thing I remember in bc2 was you had to go so long to get certain optics. Or what have you. I can picture it now. It wasn't gun specific. You also could get higher power ammo or more health. And it took a bit to get it too. That's worse.

11 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

The thing I remember in bc2 was you had to go so long to get certain optics. Or what have you. I can picture it now. It wasn't gun specific. You also could get higher power ammo or more health. And it took a bit to get it too. That's worse.

Yeah I remember you had the small ammo bags and big ammo bags. Also the scopes, yeah I remember that. I keep twisting BC2 and BF4 around for some reason though.

5 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I'm not sure what the system is in BF, but in COD you level up your weapon to unlock new attachments. Is that not what BF does?

They've done things differently a lot of times. I hope that's what they're doing now.

21 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I'm not sure what the system is in BF, but in COD you level up your weapon to unlock new attachments. Is that not what BF does?

That was how it worked the three previous to bf1. But in bf1 they had limited attachments so they had variants that didn't allow you to change much of anything. Zoom distance was the only thing that did much.

15 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Yeah I remember you had the small ammo bags and big ammo bags. Also the scopes, yeah I remember that. I keep twisting BC2 and BF4 around for some reason though.

They've done things differently a lot of times. I hope that's what they're doing now.

Are you against hope they did attachments in bf4? I'm guessing it's very similar to that. I think it'll be a cross between Hardline and bf4. You'll be able to buy most any gun right away minus the dlc stuff they might have assignments for later on. But you'll have a grind to get stuff for it but the grind is short.

If a high level guy kills me, I'll use Hardline, and I want that gun. If it's not dlc, I just go buy it. Then it 90 kills I have the gun. If I'm pushing for it, I can grab 2 kills a minute and so it doesn't take long to get what anyone else can have. I'm pretty okay with that. If that's the case. I don't think it'll be some crazy MMO leveling where I can do more damage and stuff because I'm a **** bucket who plays 8 hours a day

3 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Are you against hope they did attachments in bf4? I'm guessing it's very similar to that. I think it'll be a cross between Hardline and bf4. You'll be able to buy most any gun right away minus the dlc stuff they might have assignments for later on. But you'll have a grind to get stuff for it but the grind is short.

If a high level guy kills me, I'll use Hardline, and I want that gun. If it's not dlc, I just go buy it. Then it 90 kills I have the gun. If I'm pushing for it, I can grab 2 kills a minute and so it doesn't take long to get what anyone else can have. I'm pretty okay with that. If that's the case. I don't think it'll be some crazy MMO leveling where I can do more damage and stuff because I'm a **** bucket who plays 8 hours a day

TBH I'd rather have it like Rainbow Six where all attachments are purchased with in-game currency that you gain by playing and can be unlocked at any time. You don't have to play x hours with a specific character and gun to get a scope for it. But that's just my opinion.

Yeah, the way I initially watched and comprehended that video was that guns would be like The Division where you can make them stronger as you go on, but it seems clear to me now that leveling up perhaps just unlocks attachments and stuff, which ultimately I'm fine with and have no problem with.

Archived