Battlefield V

Norm

1 minute ago, JBURGE25 said:

I've never been a big battlefield guy cause I like more fast paced gameplay, but that trailer was a hot mess. I'm sure the game will be amazing, but wow

I'm in awe of the fact they thought that was going to be the best idea to first show the game

10 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:
12 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

I've never been a big battlefield guy cause I like more fast paced gameplay, but that trailer was a hot mess. I'm sure the game will be amazing, but wow

I'm in awe of the fact they thought that was going to be the best idea to first show the game

Seriously... all I have seen are negative reactions to it. Did they not show it to anyone before they aired it?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JBURGE25 said:

Seriously... all I have seen are negative reactions to it. Did they not show it to anyone before they aired it?

Yeah it's messed up. The good news is all the guys who have seen a 3 hour reveal did for the yt dudes are all going crazy about how unreal and in depth it is. Instead we saw a weird trailer showing us weird skins. Do that crap later when we are so hyped we don't care

2 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

Probably showed it internally. Honestly, I think they just wanted to expose as many guns/vehicles/aircraft/new animations/characters as possible in one trailer, and it was done very, very poorly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Probably showed it internally. Honestly, I think they just wanted to expose as many guns/vehicles/aircraft/new animations/characters as possible in one trailer, and it was done very, very poorly.

There were devs going off about how great the trailer was during the day yesterday too. Haha. I guess maybe when you're so caught up knowing what else is all in there it doesn't look as bad?

2 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

There were devs going off about how great the trailer was during the day yesterday too. Haha. I guess maybe when you're so caught up knowing what else is all in there it doesn't look as bad?

Internal resources always hype their own stuff. The Madden team is the worst. Every year "This is the best, most innovative, competitive Madden yet! Last year's sucked!" rinse and repeat.

I'm not surprised they thought it was good, and I'm not surprised everyone else thought it was bad. We just need to see less chaos in a longer time frame so we can gather more specific information on how the game plays.

26 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Yeah it's messed up. The good news is all the guys who have seen a 3 hour reveal did for the yt dudes are all going crazy about how unreal and in depth it is. Instead we saw a weird trailer showing us weird skins. Do that crap later when we are so hyped we don't care

I won't get the game anyway, but I have no doubt it will be awesome

There are a lot of big time titles releasing this year.  Battlefield 5 is going to be a tougher sell than I originally thought.  I was just thinking and as much as I thought this was going to be an insta-buy for me, I might not get it.  There's just too much going on and as far as shooters go - Overwatch is always going to be my #1 and then there's Fortnite.

46 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Internal resources always hype their own stuff. The Madden team is the worst. Every year "This is the best, most innovative, competitive Madden yet! Last year's sucked!" rinse and repeat.

I'm not surprised they thought it was good, and I'm not surprised everyone else thought it was bad. We just need to see less chaos in a longer time frame so we can gather more specific information on how the game plays.

Oh no doubt totally aware of that but it honestly felt different than usual hype.

And yeah they tried to cram everything. When you know all what was crammed you probably have a better feel than us going uh what just happened

24 minutes ago, showtime said:

There are a lot of big time titles releasing this year.  Battlefield 5 is going to be a tougher sell than I originally thought.  I was just thinking and as much as I thought this was going to be an insta-buy for me, I might not get it.  There's just too much going on and as far as shooters go - Overwatch is always going to be my #1 and then there's Fortnite.

So you're the guy that will buy their crazy skins!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

So you're the guy that will buy their crazy skins!

Depends on the skins haha.  I mostly don't buy cosmetics in most games.  I will here and there if I really really enjoy the game, such as Overwatch.  Mostly though, if I spend $60 on a game then I just play it and don't get much into it.  Battlefield 5, if I buy it, will probably be a game I only play for a little bit here and there, but nothing something I really get into.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, showtime said:

Depends on the skins haha.  I mostly don't buy cosmetics in most games.  I will here and there if I really really enjoy the game, such as Overwatch.  Mostly though, if I spend $60 on a game then I just play it and don't get much into it.  Battlefield 5, if I buy it, will probably be a game I only play for a little bit here and there, but nothing something I really get into.

I had 1200$ in csgo skins. So I can't talk lol

Also

https://twitter.com/SirLarr/status/999665543048134657?s=20

16 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I had 1200$ in csgo skins. So I can't talk lol

Also

https://twitter.com/SirLarr/status/999665543048134657?s=20

I'm weak, lol!

The BFV trailer did absolutely nothing for me. I haven't owned a BF game since 4 on release. Unless something drastically changes between now and release, looks like it will stay that way. Smh!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

I'm weak, lol!

The BFV trailer did absolutely nothing for me. I haven't owned a BF game since 4 on release. Unless something drastically changes between now and release, looks like it will stay that way. Smh!

Go watch the jackfrags video on the actual gameplay elements. It'll hype you back up. They screwed up the trailer but what they're doing sounds great.

I hate the "so what if it's not historically accurate, it takes more than one bullet to kill you" comments. There is a huge difference from taking liberties to make an enjoyable video game and going way different from the time period.

I personally don't care about the women in the trailer but I do want the setting the game is set in to be as accurate as possible, that is just something that I enjoy.