Battlefield V

Norm

23 hours ago, Darth Pees said:

The "we've increased the gun skill cap even more" makes me think they're just going to keep all other guns the same and just continue making sniping more impossible.

"Okay, we've heard your feedback that gun play is a bit stale and easy, so in response we're going to make the following changes:

1. All sniper rifles only kill if they hit you in the head.

2. All sniper rifles has scope sway, and you can't get around the scope sway.

3. All sniper rifles have lenses that channel the power of the sun so everyone knows where you are!

4. Oh, and bullet lead and bullet drop, despite no other guns having this!

5. Oh, and there's no range where snipers will ever kill someone with one shot to the chest!

6. Additionally, we're going to give everyone unlimited sprint and make this game like Fortnite so once you've been downed by a sniper, your team will just build around him, revive, then run away laughing their ***** off because someone was dumb enough to think they could get a sniper kill in Battlefield!

7. Sniper rifles also have the highest recoil in the game. Your gun literally kicks you in the face, taking 15HP away per shot.

Hope you guys enjoy the new gun balance!"

If those are all true, then it's overkill.

But if this is the case I wouldn't be mad. I hate when people sit back and snipe and don't play objectives.

Just now, kingseanjohn said:

If those are all true, then it's overkill.

But if this is the case I wouldn't be mad. I hate when people sit back and snipe and don't play objectives.

7 is a joke. 6 is what's being implemented in this game. The rest were already implemented in every other BF game starting with BF3.

The entire role of a sniper is to sit back and provide overwatch while people capture flags. Making snipers completely useless unless you hit someone in the head is garbage, especially when in this game there's so much cover, unlimited sprint, medbags everywhere, you can be revived, etc. etc.

If we can't cover the other 3-4 classes while they assault an objective, what is even the point?

On 5/30/2018 at 10:50 AM, Darth Pees said:

7 is a joke. 6 is what's being implemented in this game. The rest were already implemented in every other BF game starting with BF3.

The entire role of a sniper is to sit back and provide overwatch while people capture flags. Making snipers completely useless unless you hit someone in the head is garbage, especially when in this game there's so much cover, unlimited sprint, medbags everywhere, you can be revived, etc. etc.

If we can't cover the other 3-4 classes while they assault an objective, what is even the point?

Never thought snipers really  had a point. "Covering" only works if their is a fear of getting hit that keeps you from shooting. A sniper isn't going to stop me from poking my head up to shoot at anybody running to the objective or stop me from running to an objective. Snipers are just an unhelpful class. I would much rather have another medic or another engineer to blow up vehicles than a sniper. 

When I played with buddies the only use we had with snipers were as advanced spawn points. We would parachute onto the objectives building and use the snipers radar or whatever to continue to spawn on top of the objective. Other than that I see no use for them and they are by far the most useless class in all of the iterations of BF. 

45 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Never thought snipers really  had a point. "Covering" only works if their is a fear of getting hit that keeps you from shooting. A sniper isn't going to stop me from poking my head up to shoot at anybody running to the objective or stop me from running to an objective. Snipers are just an unhelpful class. I would much rather have another medic or another engineer to blow up vehicles than a sniper. 

When I played with buddies the only use we had with snipers were as advanced spawn points. We would parachute onto the objectives building and use the snipers radar or whatever to continue to spawn on top of the objective. Other than that I see no use for them and they are by far the most useless class in all of the iterations of BF. 

As someone who has mained the sniper class since BF2:MC, they're not useless when in the right hands (well, that was, until BF3/BF4).

I can clear out objectives of people trying to bunker down, I can take out enemy snipers, I can eliminate vehicles (well, I used to be able to do that until DICE decided that recons actually being useful was OP), and I can provide overwatch for people trying to re-take the objective. 

However, in the current meta of the game, I agree with you, snipers are useless - even good ones. I can't do anything about tanks, and since sniping is basically pure skill and ONLY headshots, anyone who holds down sprint and jumps everywhere is basically impossible to kill. So the only thing left is to turn the recon class into a fragger class, which eliminates the ENTIRE reason for it's existence in the first place.

IMHO, Snipers need to have one-shot-kill capabilities to the chest and head at all ranges. They need to take out scope sway and scope glare and give us back the ability to do damage to vehicles, whether that's with a laser designator (not gonna happen in WWII), or with some sort of mortar strike like in BC2. I completely lost interest in BF3/BF4 with the sniping because they decided to make it by far the most difficult class to get a kill, and in a game where everything is centered around vehicles, making an infantry-only class super hard to kill other infantry is a joke.

1 minute ago, Darth Pees said:

IMHO, Snipers need to have one-shot-kill capabilities to the chest and head at all ranges.

Totally disagree with this. The issue with snipers in general in video games is its way too overplayed even when they are not good. I can understand why as there is nothing more rewarding than lining up a scope and doming someone from across the map but that would ruin BF if they allowed snipers to do that. 

Snipers just don't make good game characters. Snipers in real world combat do more damage to the Morale of enemies then they ever do real world damage to the rank and file operation. Since i'm not scared one bit about any sniper in a game good or bad they really serve no purpose besides being annoying. 

3 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

give us back the ability to do damage to vehicles, whether that's with a laser designator (not gonna happen in WWII)

This I agree with. I don't know what to do in WW2 setting but I would like the class a lot more if for instance, you needed a snipers tag to lock on to vehicles with homing weapons. That being said, I also don't want to see vehicles be too OP. 

IMO I would just remove a "Sniper" class totally and replace it with a "Scout/Spy/Espionage" style class with SMGs/Silencers/traps/trackers/debuffs maybe like old Wolfenstein Enemy Territory the ability to look like the enemy, ect... I feel like that makes for much more interesting game play scenarios. 

7 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Totally disagree with this. The issue with snipers in general in video games is its way too overplayed even when they are not good. I can understand why as there is nothing more rewarding than lining up a scope and doming someone from across the map but that would ruin BF if they allowed snipers to do that. 

Recently? Yeah, but back in BF2:MC when the Sniper class was a one shot kill to any part of the body, snipers were still not overplayed. Furthermore, because of the kill potential, it made playing sniper more viable at all ranges. You can snipe people from across the map with one shot, or you could rush objectives. Plus, as an added bonus, shooting people out of helicopters was the best. It didn't ruin the game at all, especially with the way they had the kill cam implemented where it would pan in the direction of the person who killed you. Snipers were just a very useful and powerful tool in the right hands. Being able to kill infantry easily, take out vehicles, snipe people out of vehicles AND assault objectives was super fun. And the way they implemented the other classes as well made them useful and fun, too. Then in Bad Company they began the nerfs, but it wasn't until BF3 that sniping was officially useless.

Snipers just don't make good game characters. Snipers in real world combat do more damage to the Morale of enemies then they ever do real world damage to the rank and file operation. Since i'm not scared one bit about any sniper in a game good or bad they really serve no purpose besides being annoying. 

But in a game where a lot is centered on capturing objectives, which relies on having people on that objective, snipers being able to clear out those objectives from distance and have good sight lines is very useful for the people assaulting the objective. I can't count how many times I've completely wiped an objective of enemies from just outside the objective location, and then walked in and captured it with my team.

This I agree with. I don't know what to do in WW2 setting but I would like the class a lot more if for instance, you needed a snipers tag to lock on to vehicles with homing weapons. That being said, I also don't want to see vehicles be too OP. 

They tried this in BF3(?) and it was horrible. Relying on multiple people to take out vehicles NEVER works because nobody EVER plays as a team. The way they did it was they gave the snipers a Laser Designator which would mark vehicles for all teammates on the UI, who could then use rockets to take out that vehicle. What ended up happening was me sitting there for 5 minutes locked onto a vehicle while nobody cared. 

IMO I would just remove a "Sniper" class totally and replace it with a "Scout/Spy/Espionage" style class with SMGs/Silencers/traps/trackers/debuffs maybe like old Wolfenstein Enemy Territory the ability to look like the enemy, ect... I feel like that makes for much more interesting game play scenarios. 

Nah, you have to have some sort of long range kill potential class, and besides the Kar98 and Springfield sniper rifles, along with the Lee Enfeld give great opportunities for snipers to be lethal in this game. Ultimately, I am about 95% sure snipers will continue being useless in BFV. They'll have scope sway, bullet lead, scope glare, only be a one shot to the head (I'm not sure if they're bringing back the "sweet spot" mechanism, but I hope they do!), and have no ability to take out vehicles or anything as a means to deter people from playing the class as it was meant to be played.

On 6/1/2018 at 10:16 AM, Spartacus said:

IMO I would just remove a "Sniper" class totally and replace it with a "Scout/Spy/Espionage" style class with SMGs/Silencers/traps/trackers/debuffs

JRjk4j-IGS5qViZsLvt0XShgaWE3xG23kHb9f7uu

Ask and you shall receive? 

I get the logic of removing snipers but it'll never happen. Too many people love to play it. I think their uselessness is a tad overrated. The problem is sniper mains and ****, it's fine to use per situation but that's not how it's used. I flip to it a lot to counter snipe or when guys are stacking a point that are easy targets at range but hard to get close to. But sitting on a hill every map like most do sucks.

15 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

JRjk4j-IGS5qViZsLvt0XShgaWE3xG23kHb9f7uu

Ask and you shall receive? 

I get the logic of removing snipers but it'll never happen. Too many people love to play it. I think their uselessness is a tad overrated. The problem is sniper mains and ****, it's fine to use per situation but that's not how it's used. I flip to it a lot to counter snipe or when guys are stacking a point that are easy targets at range but hard to get close to. But sitting on a hill every map like most do sucks.

What does that say? I'm at work and it doesn't show up. Rarely do I ever counter snipe and I find explosives, gas, incendiary grenades(BF1) better at taking out stacking targets. In Battlefield where you can spawn on your squad and revive in a split second a sniper can maybe take out one guy but rarely enough to make any difference. I can take out a squad with one clip of BAR and a grenade. 

Another option I see is like limiting the amount of planes/tanks if they limited the amount of sniper positions but give them a buff to make them more deadly. I know there are a few games out there that limit the positional flexibility to provide a little accuracy although I can't remember which. 

33 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

What does that say? I'm at work and it doesn't show up. Rarely do I ever counter snipe and I find explosives, gas, incendiary grenades(BF1) better at taking out stacking targets. In Battlefield where you can spawn on your squad and revive in a split second a sniper can maybe take out one guy but rarely enough to make any difference. I can take out a squad with one clip of BAR and a grenade. 

Another option I see is like limiting the amount of planes/tanks if they limited the amount of sniper positions but give them a buff to make them more deadly. I know there are a few games out there that limit the positional flexibility to provide a little accuracy although I can't remember which. 

There's a recon archetype that uses suppressed weapons.

This is old news but I think back in bf4 one of the devs said they wouldn't be limiting classes. That could always change but most fans still cling to that quote. I think it's a good idea but then you have the race to become a sniper with the same lazy sniper mains getting the spots.

And yeah lots of games do it and honestly it works fine

3 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

There's a recon archetype that uses suppressed weapons.

This is old news but I think back in bf4 one of the devs said they wouldn't be limiting classes. That could always change but most fans still cling to that quote. I think it's a good idea but then you have the race to become a sniper with the same lazy sniper mains getting the spots.

And yeah lots of games do it and honestly it works fine

Still got to race to get tanks and planes. I just think an overabundance of snipers ruins the balance of a game like BF. I would rather have one or two that can one hit kill to chest and head shots to a bunch of them running around hitting you for half your life just to you have to stay still for a few seconds to heal and keep going. 

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

Still got to race to get tanks and planes. I just think an overabundance of snipers ruins the balance of a game like BF. I would rather have one or two that can one hit kill to chest and head shots to a bunch of them running around hitting you for half your life just to you have to stay still for a few seconds to heal and keep going. 

True. I was gonna say you can't spawn a tank and hold it all game but you kinda can and you can spam the tank button to get them too. I used to hate recon more than I do now. I don't think it's as bad as it once was but there's things they can do to improve it yet.

1 minute ago, Darth Pees said:

If you limited snipers, you'd probably always be stuck with idiots playing them because they'd be the first to rush the class knowing there's a limit. It would become toxic very quickly.

Yeah you'll get pure sniper mains. I don't think it would be worse for sure but I'm not sure how much it would improve

12 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Yeah you'll get pure sniper mains. I don't think it would be worse for sure but I'm not sure how much it would improve

It would improve just due to not having 20 of them on your team. Forcing both offense and defense to be closer to the objectives where the action should be taking place. The best games are always the ones where offense and defense ebbs and flows with the majority of the players for both teams playing them. 

Its a moot point really though. They will never get rid of the sniper classes as much as I would them them to do so. 

4 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

It would improve just due to not having 20 of them on your team. Forcing both offense and defense to be closer to the objectives where the action should be taking place.

This is a battlefield game, the maps are huge for a reason. The intent of this game is to allow people to play however they want to play and still be successful. Forcing players to play a certain way (which is the direction they've been going the past few iterations of Battlefield with the sniping) goes against the very intent of Battlefield at its core.

Instead, why not actually make snipers useful? Why not make their rifles kill people to the chest? Why not allow them to destroy or damage vehicles from a distance? This way bad snipers can still be useful, good snipers can be dangerous and the people playing the other classes aren't tied down by all the bad snipers doing nothing all game like they are now.

Archived