Sign in to follow this  
Yibbyl

Theory on Clay's usage in 2018

This article suggests that Daboll wasn't able to use the TE position as he wanted with Alabama and that Clay should see an increase in production, regardless of our QB situation. I sure hope this is true. The Clay signing IMO has been the most disappointing signing over the past few years given how insignificant his production has been.

https://www.cover1.net/how-charles-clays-role-will-evolve-under-brian-daboll/

Whomever is playing QB this season will likely rely on Clay a lot more then Tyrod ever did. I just hope Clay doesn't have as many mental lapses. 

I would be surprised if he is on the team next season though. 

I cant really blame Clay nor the WR as they havent had an ideal QB. Some will argue tyrod was good however overall as a passing qb he was horrendous imo and caused players to be underwhelming. Im not sold on McCarron nor Peterson or Allen but one thing is for sure I expect more passes to be made then they have been in the past 3 years. I also think daboll who was a TE coach for several years with Pats will definitely utilize Clay in a far greater capacity then the last 3 OCs have done. I do see them using alot of 2 Te sets too which Oleary can come out and shine as well.